Chris

Lindleymoor Yard

Hello all,

On my way home from work today I decided to have a quick nosey at Lindleymoor yard to see some activity, and I was pretty surprised to find EWS 37411 on the inspection siding and 37514 on the fuelling road. Here is a quick snap of the pair:

post-174-0-60778300-1364491828_thumb.jpg

Then, just as I thought all was over this beast slowly rolled into the yard heading for siding one, then later will be seen on the fuelling road:

post-174-0-38067200-1364491913_thumb.jpg

Hopefully over the next couple of days a whole load of work will be started to the layout to get this back up and running. I think really the first major job is to re-wire everything and even add more lights if I have some. Once that is completed all the fun scenic work can then begin and I have plenty of ideas too, so hopefully plenty of stuff to keep me busy with throughout my little holiday :) 

All the best,

George

Evening all,

I have spent the most of this afternoon working on the layout. The area worked on was the road bridge on the far right of the layout. To me it never looked right, it was though there was just something that didn't make it flow with the rest of the layout, but hopefully I have now changed it enough to make it fit in. The first thing that I changed where the concrete style pillars. Again, to me the colour didn't suit them at all and made them stand out way too much, so these have now been knocked down and two stone pillars built instead to hopefully go with wall along the back of the layout. Also, the blue guard rail was also taken off, again, this was for the same reason as the colour blue did make it stand out way to much, so now instead is a stone wall which, once painted, will fit in with the pillars and the back wall. Below is a photo of the nearly finished bridge:

post-174-0-89688500-1364583067_thumb.jpg

There are a few gaps here and there that need sorting. The pillars haven't been permanently stuck down yet as they need painting first and also a couple of gaps will be filled and also some capping stones are yet to be added for along the bridge wall.

I also visited B&Q today and managed to get the wood needed for the fiddle yard, so after the bridge it will be the fiddle yard, then the dreaded electrics :(

All the best,

George

Hiya Phil,

Thanks for the comment, and yeah the dreaded electrics. Its good when its all completed but I usually solder something up wrong or even better not at all which means I gotta get the soldering iron back out. Plus, it always takes me hours to get everything done, but it is very good when its all done :)

All the best,

George

Edited by George D

Afternoon all,

A package arrived yesterday full of goodies to add amongst the rest of the clutter already around the fuelling point, only one question, I hope it doesn't look too cluttered and overcrowded? The items purchased where the TMD accessories set by Bachmann and also some chemical drums also by Bachmann. I have a couple items set to arrive once they have been released. Here are a couple of photos of the fuelling point:

post-174-0-32090300-1364733737_thumb.jpg

post-174-0-60435400-1364733752_thumb.jpg

I really must re-paint the hard standing area as it looks awful at the moment.

All the best, and happy Easter!

George

Hiya Chris,

Thanks very much for the comment. Yeah I have seen Wells Green TMD, its one of my favourite layouts and one I alway's check for updates. I just don't want to be making it so cluttered that it doesn't look right as I really do like to try and create a 'less is more' kind of scene.

Thanks again,

All the best,

George

Evening all,

I know it has been a while, again, since I last posted an update on the layout thread. This update is different one, but one you are all to aware of what I do. After much thought and head scratching I just cannot put my finger on it but something, too me, isn't right and hasn't been right since really day one of building the layout. So, after much more thought and head scratching I have decided to down tools on Lindleymoor yard and have decided that a new layout is in order.

The new layout ( I haven't really got a name for it yet, but Billington Bank is growing on me) is something a little different from what I usual model. Usually I model yards, TMDs and sidings, but this time I'm going back to a little train station on a little branch line somewhere hidden in the Yorkshire Pennines. The layout plan, however, is to have two run around loops and also two sidings so diesels or a small rake of wagons have somewhere to rest. One of the run around loops will be placed by the station and the other will be around the two sidings. 

The layout will be OO gauge and operated by DCC. The construction of this layout will be ten times slower than Lindleymoor as I would really like to make some proper strong and sturdy baseboards and the usual boards that just warp. The layout will measure 4ft by 2ft and will have two fiddle yards for either side that will measure 4ft by 1ft. Baseboard construction and track laying will begin, hopefully, this weekend once I have all the correct materials needed.

Below is the new trackplan:

post-174-0-37579500-1372367700_thumb.jpg

That's all for now, all the best, 

George

Edited by George D