Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Manchester

Guest Blackcloud Railways

Bump. :D

Touch and go whether I'd make it or not. Been to the quack's today though, he gave me some antibiotics which should help.

If you can hear something wheezing behind the scenery on the On30 layout it'll be me. :(

Images from the show, MRL limits the number of photos per post so the pics can be seen here. :)

Hi Bob,

Photos look great. do you have anymore snaps of the 8th photo down? It's got 'Bolling' (Bollington?) on it. If so, what sort of track plan is it etc, as I liked the look of that and it might prove inspirational for Westwood Lane.

Cheers,

Chris

It is Bollington, but I only took the one photo. The link below should give you a larger image from which it is possible to make out the trackplan. Two lines enter from behind the nameboard, at the signalbox there is a threeway on the front entry track which leads to the shed road, a siding behind it and a second turnout on the rear track.

Click for image

(The image, if not full size when it opens, should expand when clicked.)

Hi Chris

Short answer above due to gettimg No.1 Sprog ready for school. Back from school run and shopping now so got more time.

The sketch plan below is the same track plan as Bollington but includes an overbridge as the scenic break and also platform ends beneath the overbridge which give a good excuse for run round moves and DMUs in addition to light engines to/from the shed. I have drawn the fiddleyard as a three track traverser or three cassettes, Bollington just has two plain tracks running behind the screen, which is simpler but involves more handling of stock. Perhaps a loco lift would be useful if following this option.

8a32ac75.jpg

The "main lines" to the left (behind the shed) could run under another overbridge with a mirror below it so that they appear to go beyond the layout or could even run through to a second fiddleyard if space is available.

Apart from the expensive threeway point this is quite an attractive design, the threeway earns its keep by being a good space saver though.

That's great bob, thank you so much for the response. It's very similar (but a mirror image) of how I've got the track laid out on the baseboards currently actually!

I'd already got a mirror idea planned for the edge so that it would like the layout was bigger too. Spooky coincidence actually!

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Chris