piermaster

My friend Debbie

Just to let you know that my friend Deborah Anne Crawford who accompanied me at numerous exhibitions and helped me operate my layouts died on 30 January 2019 from liver cancer, she was only 58.

New Walmington Pier was her favourite layout and she loved operating it at shows as well as chatting to visitors and fellow exhibitors and traders.

I miss her very badly and have posted a tribute to her on the last page of my New Walmington Pier website.

Dave

1994607626_Debbie230515.thumb.jpg.dd79dc3b638c433bed0a2e6d76f9274f.jpg1993117911_DeborahAnneCrawford.thumb.jpg.2d0c702e1292bce058da7b23cb8c45c0.jpg

5 hours ago, buz said:

Hi Dave

This is sad news

Please accept my sincere condolences.

regards John

Hi John,

Thank You. It was all very sudden, we went out in December and despite her hip disability since birth where she was in occasional pain, by December she was in constant back pain and at New Year went into hospital. Whilst I was in Singapore I spoke to her and she told me that one kidney had failed and nothing can be done. I spoke to her again before leaving Singapore and she said it wasn't long and said goodbye. I arrived home on the 27th and she died on the 30th. 

I'm still taking it all badly to the degree that I've cancelled all my March exhibitions and dreading the Cambridge and Beamish ones in April. The hardest one will be South West Herts MRS in May with New Walmington Pier, Debbie's favourite layout.

I did Stowmarket last weekend but I had the club all supporting me.

Thanks once again,

Dave

Hi Dave

It is never a fun time I wish I could take away the pain but I can't.

I can tell you it will get easier with time, canceling the March events is a good idea it will give you a bit of a chance to settle down a bit.

The event in May with New Walmington Pier will be very hard on you being the first without her, but after that little tiny bit by little tiny bit it will get easier to deal with.

If you feel the need to unload for what its worth you can send me an unload Email, don't do anything stupid like drinking and driving.

Take care of your self.

regards John

Hi John,

Thanks for your support.

Although I've cancelled my March exhibitions, I am going ahead with the others as they are mainly with 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' which Debbie saw under construction but not completed, although she was fascinated by my Hong Kong photos whilst I was there. So I'll be at Cambridge on 6th April and at Beamish Museum of the North East on 13th & 14th April.

BTW, I don't drink as I'm diabetic and I need to drive in order to work and to exhibit!

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

I meant mixing the two of them together in the land of stupid, not as individual totally separated activities.

I was unsure if you still had the occasional drink ie in numbers that annually could be counted on one hand.

I probably should not but I have one only drink on my Birthday and one only at Christmas and I can tell you while I could legally drive, it would be extremely unwise give the effect that the alcohol now has on me

Because to all intents and purposes I don't drink any more for the very same reason.

If I had any more than that I think my doctor would go completely nut-so on me.

Look after your self.

regards John

Hi Dave,

though there's no rule in it, it sounds always strange when someone younger than you passes away, but that's the way life is. Think at all the beautiful moments you spent togheter, will be the best way to remember her.

Take care of yourself

Franco

Thank You Buz, Franco and Bob Hughes.

I've never grieved so much before in my life, partly because her illness was so short, she was only 58, and we had a special friendship bond together over the 6 years we knew each other. The rest of my life will have good days, bad days and like today a real 5h1t day. Not only do I miss her badly, but I do remember the great times we had together, including that despite her disability of a permanently dislocated hip from birth, she was determined to climb onto the back of a fire engine at Ipswich Transport Museum, climb on to the footplate of a steam loco for a short ride at East Anglian Railway Museum, and ride on the upper deck of the London Tram at East Anglia Transport Museum!!

I will always love and miss her.

Hi Dave,

Saddening to read this, my condolences.

All the best with the exhibitions next month, im sure it will be difficult.

Glad to hear the club are supporting you.

Take care,

Phil

I’m a volunteer member at Ipswich Transport Museum it was our clean up day on 16.03.19 before reopening and I look after Ipswich Tram 33 which was Debbie's favourite vehicle so I gave the brasswork an extra special polishing - Just for her.

1686126016_IpswichTram331603191.thumb.jpg.aa7e0cb7708259ce3ef6bf51ade650b8.jpg