Tim Hale

Pottendorf

20180408_PDorf_1000.jpg20180408_PDorf_1000.jpg20180408_PDorf_1000.jpgFor_Sale_1000a.jpgFor_Sale_1000b.jpgIMG_0486_1000.jpgIMG_0487_1000.jpgIMG_0489_1000.jpgIMG_0490_1000.jpg

Intermodellbau2003.jpgIntermodellbau2018.jpgIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0556.JPGIMG_0557.JPG

Pottendorf is featured in January's MIBA magazine, though I have still not received a copy, I suppose I will have to pay to see my own work?

This is the Frankische Wohnhaus that was copied from the original in the open air museum in Bad Windsheim

Häckerhaus_800.jpgIMG_0256_900.jpgIMG_0256b.jpgthumbnail.jpeg

Hi Tim

I see this is uncluttered like Beaminster Road defiantly not the usual? twisting and turning up and over thousand miles of track in a space that should only have a mile and a half of track that German layouts seem to be.

What are the the two extra terrestrial looking devices on the platform near the station house.

regards John

John,

Läutewerk - they are connected to the railway's telegraph and warn the approach of trains into the block. In reality, two bells mounted on each apparatus, an electrically activated clapper on each bell strikes the rim of the bell.

Not really appropriate on Pottendorf but it was intended to be a passing station not a terminus. 

None of my layouts are 'the usual' because they represent the actual railway and almost all German layouts are a reflection of the German obsession with operation rather than realism. The same principle applies to Beaminster Road, which was one of the reasons why it is being rebuilt.

Beaminster Road rebuilding 2018

Finally, a question to the webmaster, why is it so difficult to edit images? 

Tim

39 minutes ago, Tim Hale said:

None of my layouts are 'the usual' because they represent the actual railway and almost all German layouts are a reflection of the German obsession with operation rather than realism. The same principle applies to Beaminster Road, which was one of the reasons why it is being rebuilt.

Beaminster Road rebuilding 2018

Finally, a question to the webmaster, why is it so difficult to edit images? 

Tim

How very American of them :angelnot:

regards John