Sign in to follow this  
Inverdovian

Hi all. This is me.

Good afternoon everyone. I've just stumbled on this place and it looks interesting.

Let me introduce myself. My name's Andy, I'm winding down to retirement and I like trains. I've liked trains since I was very young but I've only been really into railway modelling for about the last 15 years or so. My main interest is N gauge but I have been known to dabble in commissions in many different scales. I once made a depiction of the Woodhead Line in what I called FT scale (1:700) in an 8" square but that's another story for another time.

Over the years I've had many layouts, all of which have been destroyed and replaced with the two I'm currently working on - Inverduff (NE Scotland) and Bolehill Basin (NE Midlands-ish) both in N but more on those elsewhere. I use simple old fashioned DC, my only submissions to technology are point motors and lightbulbs. I'm old school and proud of it.

I tend to think of modelling as 'If I can't make it then I suppose I'll buy it'. To my mind, the whole idea of modelling is to be creative, to build what you can imagine. Planting things straight out of a box is cheating in my eyes and does nothing to develop modelling skills. I've designed and built almost every building/structure on my layouts and I'm proud of that. Obviously stock is a different matter but I've had a go at that too with varying degrees of success. Believe me, it's not that easy in N with fat fingers and bad eyesight but I try.

Enough of that now, I'm going to post an introduction to Inverduff when I can find the appropriate place to put it.

Me.jpg

Me: Maui 2011 Not much different just less hair and more belly.

Cheers all

:cheers:

Edited by Inverdovian