piermaster

New Walmington Pier - 2018 Exhibitions

NW Pier 180218.jpg

For anyone in the Cambridgeshire/Fenland area, I will be exhibiting my OO9 scale 'New Walmington Pier' micro layout at the March & District MRC Exhibition on 3rd March at March Braza Club, Elm Road, March PE15 8NZ 10:00-16:30.

Located other side of level crossing by March Station. Pedestrian access directly off station platform.

UPDATE: Due to the weather conditions I have cancelled my attendance at the above exhibition and before you Northerners say anything, I can drive in snow but not when there are two-foot drifts and high winds likely to white out the Fens tomorrow morning.

3 hours ago, piermaster said:

UPDATE: Due to the weather conditions I have cancelled my attendance at the above exhibition and before you Northerners say anything, I can drive in snow but not when there are two-foot drifts and high winds likely to white out the Fens tomorrow morning.

You just need to get your big coat out, Dave ;-) In all seriousness, don't blame you. Safety first!

Exactly Chris, I'm not risking my life to drive 125 miles round trip in these conditions for 30 pieces of silver, especially when the exhibition manager tells me 'it's clear here' and I would be struggling to get my car out of the driveway then along a narrow road and up a slope to hopefully meet my first stretch of gritted road. 

9 out 13 shows were cancelled this weekend.

Rainhill MRC cancelled their show at the weekend, again it's clear here, but the organisers did recognise the fact that other parts of the country have had it a lot worse than what we got in the NW and a lot of their exhibitors and traders would have been unable to make it.