matto21

New project!

Hi all,

Been a while since I've done any real modelling. I had a layout quite a while ago, and have had a few false starts since. Recently I've been bitten by the bug again.

I'm not going to attempt anything big for space or motivation reasons - if I've got any chance of making a go of it it needs to be something I can work on "at the table".

The trackplan has been dictated by what leftovers I have - points will be Peco Code 75 and plain track is C&L.

I've made a start on the baseboard today - this'll incorporate a backscene once I've done a bit more planning.

IMG_20170723_125744671.jpg

IMG_20170723_162634490.jpg

IMG_20170723_175210990.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Matt

First structure under way and it's... a hut. I have the Wills Platelayer Hut kit somewhere but decided to build my own.

Construction is from 1mm plastic card clad in individually applied slats and a base of embossed bricks.

The look I'm going for is neglected hence the intentionally wobbly planks! It'll have a rusty corrugated roof too.

IMG_20170725_225818160.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Looks super. Excellent bit of woodwork! What is the size of the board?

Hi Chris,

It's 4' x 1'. Provided my woodworking is up to it, there'll be a curved backscene too. 

All this is dry assembled at the moment so I can cut a hole to the "fiddle yard" once track position is decided. Also allows me to do work without being hemmed in too much!

I LOVE that backscene. Looks great. :) 

How big are the dimensions for this one, did you say? 4ft x 1ft? You're giving me ideas for an N gauge layout in a similar box-type structure...:shifty:

39 minutes ago, 50050 Fearless said:

I LOVE that backscene. Looks great. :) 

How big are the dimensions for this one, did you say? 4ft x 1ft? You're giving me ideas for an N gauge layout in a similar box-type structure...:shifty:

Thank you, yes the board is 4' x 1'.