denny

Large OO gauge layout for sale

Hi there, I just joined the forum as this is a bit of a shot in the dark.

I have a large Hornby track layout including all accessories  / trains etc (layout is approx 27ft x 7 ft).  The actual layout was used in a Hornby ad approx 30 years ago. The track all works and has had some additions / modifications over the years but is in very good condition.  There are signs of wear and tear but nothing that is too difficult to mend.  it splits in 2 for 'ease' of transport. 
It used to get used but over the past 10 yrs has been more a show item and used little. After owning it since 1990 its finally time to sell up and let someone else get the good of this fantastic set.

I have tried to upload images but for some reason am unable.

Please contact me if you want more information or think this may be of interest to you / or if you know of a collector that may have an interest. I can provide more details on request but please only contact if you think you have the space for such an item.

Thanks

Steven

Hello Steven,

It's impressive but as I found when trying to sell my layout that was slightly bigger than yours and broke down into much smaller sections, big layouts don't make very much money. Why? So few have that kind of space available.

My best suggestion is to try your local 'paper', OR that model railway centre they are building in Ashford (google it!). If no luck there, try a dealer who will come and break it up - only make sure they are willing to remove everything! For this, they may well take the salvageable items as payment for doing this. Of course, you could always do this yourself and put all the seperate items on ebay.

Unfortunately your layout is;

A. quite old and outdated.

B. Hornby, from a previous period.

Hornbys products have moved on from what you have here so few items are worth that much. So, the kind of folk who have the space required, know what is good and what is not.

Sorry to sound negative, just trying to make you see it from an experienced viewpoint.

John.

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.  

I realise that space for such a set is a big problem and it really does limit the interest in it. The set splits in two and is fairly easily managed but I know it also can put folk off. With regards to value, I am still trying to figure out what it might be worth.

I'll try and get some info on the model railway centre and see if it is something they would be interested in.  Its the kind of thing that would either appeal to a collector with space or some kind of museum.  

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Steven