piermaster

Dundee Museum of Transport

Hi Team,

Just spent Easter in Aberdeen visiting family and sadly to say that city has really gone to the dogs, the media is right about it being Scotland's most depressing city!

Called into Dundee on my way home and that is is a city that is undergoing an immense regeneration, so I visited the fledgling Dundee Museum of Transport at their temporary Market Mews premises:

Aberdeen%20Tram_zpsg7n4ay8w.jpg

1901-built Aberdeen Corporation Tramways electric tramcar, withdrawn in 1930 and converted to a summer-house at Loirston, Aberdeen. Moved to Dundee Museum of Transport in 2013.

Dundee%20Horse%20Tram%2024_zpsuhyw7eyv.j

1890 Dundee Horse Tram No.24 found as a summer-house in Perth and recovered to Dundee Museum of Transport in 2014.

Carolina%20Port%20Power%20Station%20BTH%

British Thompson Houston built battery loco for Carolina Port Power Station, Dundee. very little is known about it!!

Dundee%20West%20Station%20Sign_zpszywsdn

Dundee%20Tay%20Bridge%20Station%20Light%

There were at one time at least three railway stations in Dundee - Dundee East, Dundee West, and Dundee Tay Bridge. Today only Tay Bridge survives as Dundee.

Dundee%20Coporation%20Transport%20Dept%2

Q131 SES Leyland Recovery Truck restored to its Dundee Corporation Transport Department livery.

The day after I left Dundee, the museum was formally handed the keys to their new site at Maryfield Tram Depot, Forfar Road, but a lot of work is needed there and it'll be 2017/2018 before they move in.

More informaton on their website: www.dundeemuseumoftransport.co.uk