Jack

Hornby 2015 Announcements

At 1200 today Hornby announced their products for 2015. Well, there's a couple of 2016 etc releases thrown in for good measure ;)

Full details at www.hornby.com/shop/new-for-2015/

Nice to see more liveries available including the Sentinel 0-4-0 and HST. New running numbers for EWS 67s also announced. And due to demand, more FGW Mk3s.

We shall see what happens...

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the range, it's nice to have more obscure 67 numbers and a different variety of Sentinel, But they don't seem to put much effort into their Diesel & Electric side to compare with their Steam stuff.

They missed their opportunity with the class 59.  

HST's at £209?! That's almost double what i paid for mine a few years ago!

That's the kind of price I'd expect for a double-sound fitted pack.

I don't understand how they can justify the price being that high! It is extortionate!  :huh:

Hornby should look after the modellers not rip them off with "silly" high prices :unsure:

Having spoken to a fair few people I know the retailer of the model usually gets a good mark up on the majority of bits sold

But Hornby trying to sell 67s for £139 is RIDICULOUS!

I really want a 67006 but don't wish to pay them that much!

Then they can sell 67s direct for under £100 (and still be making some profit) means they are making. Very healthy profit

What's to remember though, is that these models aren't made up of four wires and a motor bogie anymore, they actually have a little technology in them. 

What they could to, however, is make a 'railroad' version of their diesel locos like they have with the steam.