class66

Making coloured flowers 00/4mm

Ive come up with neat way of making coloured flowers,for on both my layouts.

1, find some coloured childrens crayons.

2,pop them into freezer for about two hours or so.

3,remove crayons from freezer.

4,using old cheese grater or wood file,rub crayons til they turn into fine coloured powder.

5,now you should have coloured powder like below...

Ready to make your flower pots...

or trackside scenery...

post-570-0-40552000-1418702629_thumb.jpg

post-570-0-09496100-1418702657_thumb.jpg

The type ive used are the "standard wax" type crayon used in  pre-schools.

They have coloured banned round the middle with crayon writon on my mate...

I bought mine from WHSmiths,but there cheap enough in Asda or Tesco"s... ;)

we'll have to have a head to head to see whose the biggest poster lol......clearly your no slow poke on the typing either lol. Usually i post everything on Arboretum Valley... but we should rustle up some business... so Ill spread it about. :) It is not like I don't have a picture or two... lol...

I use one of the fly swatters that has been adapted. You'll get some very nice results with that baby. If you have not used one before, make sure the pin is near the middle of the glue, if it is not actually in a wet spot you won't get much static out of it. Also keep the working end as low to the area that you are grassing otherwise the static can just not reach and then the grass falls willy nilly on to the glue! Did you get the paperwork as well? They are incredibly easy to use once you have the few basics off pat. And if you are not happy with the initial attempt you can wait for it to dry then add more glue carefully and repeat the process.

Having seen your eye for colour, no need to give you any advice about choosing the colours :)

Oh and if you have foam a track pin is a good item, if you are using mdf or a similar wood it can be easier to have a long screw and a small electric screwdriver, then when the area is done just drop a little more glue into the hole left and carefully add a pinch of the grass to cover up.

you could video your first attempt... ours would have been highly amusing until I got the hang of it, and when the tea strainer from the adapted one touches the screw/pin and it buzzes i usually jump and the grass goes up like some nutter making pancakes lol. I quickly put electric the around the edge to avoid actual contact of the metal to metal ROFL.