Bigada

Milton Yard

I think it's about time I started a layout topic on hear, but I won't bother starting one on my main layout, because that will just bore you B-)

So the idea came about, well when I saw every one has a side project, or a 'Micro Layout' and I got jealous and decided it was time for one of my own.

It was layouts on thie forum Like Raeseheath Works - A fantastic Micro layout by Chris66522 and Spring lane sidings - Another layout that sparked my, well, Jealousy, built by Georgie and Horton Road TMD - A fantastic layout built by Mr. 56303. But the final straw was when Jack revealed his plans for a micro-layout, 'Craven Mills'

I had a space of Aprox. 7ftx2ft to play with, and 2ft of the 7ft being a storage sidings to store my stock, which eventually developed into a cassatte, which is just short of 2ft, just enough for a 2 car DMU and two loco's. I made a list of every thing I wanted, this being; A shed, A small single platform station, A refueling point, Sidings, A fuel terminal and a wagon repaire depot. After drafting up a couple of plans, I finaly came up with the current plan.

The construction of the base-board has just been completed, so no track has been laid. The track is PECO code 75 with electro frog point, to enable loco's to move over the points at low speeds without stalling, wether this will be the case, I don't know.

Milton Yard is a modern image Yard located on the border between England and Wales, towards Crewe area.

Track Plan:

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest Blackcloud Railways

Piercy Yard is a modern image Yard located on the border between England and Wales, towards Crewe area.

"located on the border between England and Wales"?

This is not the Crewe most people associate with railways, but I've "built" fictional railways to real places in the past, as have many other modellers, so there's no reason why the less famous of Cheshire's two Crewes shouldn't have a station. lol

Neat plan, but instead of hiding your engines in a shed why not stable them in the open, but possibly extend the covered accomodation for the wagon repair depot where the staff would probably appreciate being kept out of the rain as it filters over the border from Wales?

I have to say I never knew that crewe was there! But that is roughly the place I intend it to be. I ment on the border, but above the Midlands, North East Wales. Next to the second Crewe :P

but instead of hiding your engines in a shed why not stable them in the open, but possibly extend the covered accomodation for the wagon repair depot where the staff would probably appreciate being kept out of the rain as it filters over the border from Wales?

The line infront of the Depot will be to display the loco's, nice idea though, but the wagon repair depot is a limited length to allow two car DMU's to clear the points, so theres not too much room there. I had planned it to be on the other side of the layout, but moved it because it obscured the view of the station?

It was layouts on thie forum Like Raeseheath Works - A fantastic Micro layout by Chris66522
Thanks for the comment Dave, I'm glad Reaseheath has sparked your interest. I must say though that Reaseheath is as big as a layout of mine is ever going to get... all 80cm long of it!

Looking forward to seeing Piercy Yard develop. Plan looks good. :-)

Chris

Thanks Chris, I never knew that you could make a good layout in just 80cm, but looks like you've done it!

And Tim, I never knew how much track you could get on one board, so i had to have a go :)

Pictures, as promised :D This is just a rough track plan using some spare track, but i havent got quite enough for the sidings :(

IMG_9297-1.jpg

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9301.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

Wahey! It looks great Dave! And where did you get that wagon repairs shed? :o Gasps :P Cannot wait to help out operate the layout when it comes to exhibitions.
I'm not sure Jack, It just appeared one day. :o And who said anything about exhibitions :blink: :'( Never be good enough for them.