class66

Amlwch Branch line Anglesey North Wales,old and new photos.

It defiantly should be a Preserved railway, I`ve made my own route on railworks which is based on this line from Amlwch down to the mainline. And if it was opened i would love to volunteer and i could fulfill my dream of riding behind a 37 :)

Unwaith i'r Cynulliad rhoi'r 'go ahead' i agor y lein i Langefni, bydd digon o amser i fynd arno! Ti byth yn gwbod be neith ddigwydd unwaith neith y rhan yna o'r lein agor.

(Once the Welsh Assembly give the go ahead to open the line to Llangefni, there will be enough time to go on it, you  never know what can happen once that section is open)

Good stuff there, Neil. 

Always love looking up on the history of the ACR, probably because its a railway that's been there in my lifetime, but have never seen a train on it myself. Same with the Blaenau Ffestiniog to Trawsfynydd line.

Good stuff there, Neil. 

Always love looking up on the history of the ACR, probably because its a railway that's been there in my lifetime, but have never seen a train on it myself. Same with the Blaenau Ffestiniog to Trawsfynydd line.

Things may change!! and you wil see traction on the line again... :P

Good stuff there, Neil. 

Carwyn fel yn Ionawr, Chwefror a Mawrth odd na Articles yn Rail Express (dwin siwr ti di clywad am dan y magazine o blaen) Am dan Yr Lein o Blaenau Ffest i Trawsfynydd a odd o llawn llunia a gwybodaeth a run peth i ACR yn bach cunt (not swearing) man dda stdi genai yr Mags

Dwi di gweld nhw, mae met fi, Dave(un o dreifars Caergybi) wedi rhoi rhai o'r lluniau yn y erthygl. Cael look amdan nhw.

(I've seen them, my mate, Dave, who is one of Holyhead's drivers, has photos in the articles)

Spotted more Network rail track plant,up at Amlwch today :D

Excellent, Neil, were they RRV's or something? Anything else there like ballast or rail piled up?

It's possible it's something to do with my job. Could be for vegetation clearance around structures.

I'm currently working as part of Llandudno Junction Off Track, clearing vegetation, maintaining fence lines and level crossings.

It's possible it's something to do with my job. Could be for vegetation clearance around structures.

I'm currently working as part of Llandudno Junction Off Track, clearing vegetation, maintaining fence lines and level crossings.

Sounds good job you have there Caz!! ;) years ago Chippmens use to burn all the veg on the railway cutting by mine,but i think its to much health and safety now days for this to happen...

See more veg has been clear away at Llangefni,went for look round today!!

Llanerchymedd station,has cafe now :D and visitors centre.

Was few bits of loco stock there too,and br brake van had been brought in by HGV few weeks ago...

Hi! No one's contributed on this thread for a while, so I thought I'd share some information...

The re-opening of the line between Gaerwen and Llangefni has been described as a 'goer', but once it comes on the agenda in the Welsh Assemble, which it duly will. Since that part of the line was cleared for habitat surveying, and then a complete infrastructure survey, nature has come back, but that's to be expected.

Each structure on the entire line will be cleared of all vegetation over the next 5 years, with the first three to be done this week. This is the work I'm currently doing with Renown, so it'll be pretty cool for me. Each structure on the network has to be assessed periodically to make sure they are safe, or need some work. The definition 'structure' on this job is anything from platform faces, retaining walls, culverts of all sizes and bridges etc.) This could lead to some of the structures on the Amlwch branch (none of them are in too good a condition, especially as many have timber decking) being repaired to a safe state. Some bridges (including one of the ones this week) have been fenced off each end of the bridge to stop the public wondering onto them and being hurt. 

As the line is out of use (it's been in the weekly notice as blocked/under possession since 1994!) and there is no train movements, I will try to take photos each time I work on the line, and add them here. 

Hi! No one's contributed on this thread for a while, so I thought I'd share some information...

The re-opening of the line between Gaerwen and Llangefni has been described as a 'goer', but once it comes on the agenda in the Welsh Assemble, which it duly will. Since that part of the line was cleared for habitat surveying, and then a complete infrastructure survey, nature has come back, but that's to be expected.

Each structure on the entire line will be cleared of all vegetation over the next 5 years, with the first three to be done this week. This is the work I'm currently doing with Renown, so it'll be pretty cool for me. Each structure on the network has to be assessed periodically to make sure they are safe, or need some work. The definition 'structure' on this job is anything from platform faces, retaining walls, culverts of all sizes and bridges etc.) This could lead to some of the structures on the Amlwch branch (none of them are in too good a condition, especially as many have timber decking) being repaired to a safe state. Some bridges (including one of the ones this week) have been fenced off each end of the bridge to stop the public wondering onto them and being hurt. 

As the line is out of use (it's been in the weekly notice as blocked/under possession since 1994!) and there is no train movements, I will try to take photos each time I work on the line, and add them here. 

Great info Caz!! top work my mate... ;)