Highlander66

Loch Garry

Hi mate

excellent wagons and liveries you have, you got some mk2 in ScotRail to, I'm still collecting mine still need another 3-4 in mk3s and another 2-3 mk2 in ScotRail (blue line) great livery.

Like you scotty dog class 37s...

Slowly coming along and stock is building up.

Jamie 

So, no updates since January - shame on me.....   :angry: I've just been so busy with my business, and with giving some time to the family that I had zero time to get much done.  With summer coming towards its conclusion though I've been able to get some time to head back up to the attic and press on.  I purchased and auto-reverse unit for my loop which comes up over the main line and down in to the area I had earmarked as my TMD, however too much time away also gave me too much time to think while travelling and I'm now adding another 8x4 board on to the front of my existing boards butting up to the 'L' extension.  My reason for this is to give me a range of options for a better configured storage area adjacent to the station (the main building which I'm moving to the opposite side of the tracks) and room for the control panel.
Some new additions have made their way to the track: a pair of class 67's 1 in EWS livery for hauling the sleeper once de-coupled from the 91's, and a Royal Train livery 67 for the Royal train which has grown in size to include some additional State coaches and a dinning car.  I added another 2 class 37's in DRS livery to double-head my nuclear flask wagon, another class 37 'Inverness TMD' which is sound chipped, and the Dapol track cleaner.  I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of a Bachmann Class 08 shunter in Caledonian Sleeper livery and the Heljan class 33 'Glen Falloch' both of which are coming from Olivia's Trains with sound fitted :)  As soon as they arrive and all is well I have two sets of Scotrail class 170's and two Scotrail 158's heading to Olivia's for sound and prototypical lighting installation and they will be followed in due course by a few sets of 158's still in Regional livery.

I'm up to 9 class 37's, I thought it was more, I don't like odd numbers so I need to watch out for some additional 37's.
On the scenic front I've made progress with my first platform build - not perfect but at least it's a start and as I learn the skills I'll no doubt replace in time, but for now at least it makes it look as though I'm doing something.  My Dynamis controller seems to have taken a life of it's own - changing the train under control for no good reason and causing chaos - I think I need to perhaps consider looking at other control options, and I've 26 Cobalt point motors to install  :(

post-558-0-69566400-1408014023_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-71336600-1408014170_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-38155700-1408014398_thumb.jpg

IMG_1869.MOV

Getting there slowly but surely. Hope to make significant strides over the coming winter months. Ditched my Bachmann Dynamis after the handset went bonkers of its own accord and switched to NCE Powercab - I like it a lot. I keep putting off buying all the point motors and the prospect of running a wiring bus for lights, signals etc., but it's going to have to be done.

post-558-0-12223600-1411762751_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-44721300-1411762811_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-14502200-1411762867_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-17993000-1411762917_thumb.jpg

At least a break from work (the paid stuff) over Christmas gave me a chance to make just a little more progress.  :)

Had a great time in Birmingham at the exhibition before Christmas and managed to pick up a few bits.... that's me for the next couple of months as work takes me away but come the spring I should be able to get lots more done.

post-558-0-57514300-1420562619_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-13199800-1420562642_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-54498900-1420562658_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-55505500-1420562675_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-66086200-1420562723_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year to everyone!

A tiny bit of progress made, but I hope to have a break from work in March/April that will enable me to put on a bit of a spurt - avoiding the installation of point motors and lighting but that has to be done.  I've been busy weathering track pre-ballasting and the end result is looking not too bad (I think).  37510 had been on temporary duty with the container train while the regular 66 has some power delivery issues investigated, but she's gone back on double-header route with the nuclear flasks.

post-558-0-00516700-1423396341_thumb.jpg

post-558-0-46416500-1423396364_thumb.jpg

This has been no fun - work has kept me busy throughout Spring and Summer which means I'm only now getting back in to things.  Visited the layout for the first time in over 6 months to find that bats have taken up home in the roof space of the attic and left 'little presents' for me on the baseboards... Not to be deterred, got things cleaned up and making a little progress before I head off again but want to make a concerted effort to get lots done between now and Christmas; I'll be trying out static grass application, additional wiring for lighting, platform construction, back scenes etc.  This will just never end - hurrah!

IMG_3005.m4v

nice range of containers. If you want a picture to show instead of just the link, you could start a You Tube account, and upload the .m4v to it, it will also list statistics, and can get it's own comments :) You just drag the quicktime exported file across to an open You Tube account onto their upload icon :)

Edited by Jaz
add further info

Hi Neil,
Just returned from trips to Singapore and Washington DC, catching up on work that was waiting for me when I got back but I hope to try my hand at some static grass this week - I'll post some pics of progress, and I also need to get delivery of additional board for the TMD, Stabling yard for my HST sets and Caledonian Sleeper sets in addition to 'other stuff' that can sit in an 'open to view' fiddle yard. So, not much to do..... :unsure:

Some pictures of the very first attempt at static grass application - I need more practice though...:cry:

Undercoat for scenery has been applied to a number of areas (I'm doing it on a modular basis to that scenery can be removed/replaced as needed) and now I have some time at home I should make good progress but so much more to do...

IMG_3460.thumb.jpg.8f26d97480e3b805e527e

IMG_3462.thumb.jpg.5d5b665ab99c6922e8b73

IMG_3463.thumb.jpg.b536876d278210cf5fe3b

IMG_3464.thumb.jpg.f57928a6f7c95d7212c95

i was just thinking how good the grass looked, i like the colour combo, which mix did you use?

I buy my grass from David Hume @ The Model Tree Shop and I used a blend of summer and autumn meadow in various lengths from 2mm - 6mm building up layers and spraying each with hairspray (the scent free stuff) and that seems to have worked a treat.

Ok, so... 18 of these puppies to instal and wire up to a control panel that also has to be constructed with pushbutton switches and red/green LED's:worried:

I took a look at signals from Absolute Aspects but that's an outlay of about £800, CR Signals are considerably less expensive - does anyone out there have any experience of their product and how simple it is to wire up etc (I'd like to wire the feather on the signal to the point motor) with the detection boards from Heathcote?

Cobalt.jpg