DBSchenker60008

Tweaks To Improve Your Hornby "Premium" Locomotives & Stock.

Hey everyone.

As some of you may know that I like to paint the metal buffers on my locomotives and stock that also has these metal buffers that follow my YouTube channel. I thought it would be time for me to share some of my tips for adding tweaks to your models to enhance them.

Now if you have seen my 60081 that I have also done that is shown in my review of DB Schenker 60011, it looks much better with grey buffers I think ;). I know the extreme collectors would probably scream at me for doing that! lol. But oh well, it is modelling ;).

I have also patched up my 67018,,,,,,,

Not to forget the brand new Hornby DB Schenker 60007 "Bond...James Bond!".....

I just need to get a palette of weathering powders and some cottonbuds so I can smear on some buffer grease and also light weather those exhaust pods up a abit as well as they are a bit "too clean" ;).

Thanks mate.

I have a couple of EWS tugs that are weathered but I wasn't happy with the final finish on the buffers which 60500 is one and a soon to be revealed second one. So I have patched the buffers in black using the Humbrol Matt Black and as soon I get my weather palette, the buffer grease on the black coloured buffers should bring them back in line with the rest of weathering ;). Meanwhile I hope my tweaks will inspire others with ideas on how to improve their locomotives.

Best Regards

Ash.

Ive also done this to some locos, but the ones that Ive treated to silver buffers normally have only one end silvers, the other black. Also, after time, I tend to put a little smear of black paint to make it look used, as for me, unless I deem the loco to be 'newly out of the paint shop', they must have an 'used' look to them!

That's cool to see that mate. It makes the models look so much better as for me. I have seen some surperbly weathered locomotives which look very lifelike only to be ruined by weathered bare metal buffers which sadly kills off the realism from that point as most modellers unfortunately have overlooked painting the buffers beforehand prior to using their weathering skills. But to be fair, Hornby supplying their premium models with unpainted buffers is a good thing in a way because this gives us "the modeller" the space and leeway to personalise our models to our own tastes ;).