DBSchenker60008

Hello From Lincolnshire.

Hello everyone.

I'm Ash and I have just signed up to this brand new model railway forum as I am really keen and into modern image model railways. I am also known as EWS60008 on YouTube as well, so some of you might already know me. But for those that don't. I am a railway enthusiast that's been into the hobby since a very young age and my favourite type of traction is Diesel Locomotives although I like Electric Traction and I respect Steam as well. My favourite locomotive has to be the Class 60 as these beauties are still in use today and they were the last British Diesel Locomotive to be built before the EMD influx took place in 1998 onwards. Apart from this. The HST and the Class 92's are also my favourites among some other types like the Class 90.

I am a laid-back type of person with a sense of humour as I consider myself to be a friendly, polite type of folk. I hope to learn new things from other modellers here and also in the future, share my model railway projects and ideas with other modellers as well.

Hey there Ash.

Welcome to MRL. Great to have you aboard sir. 

I'm certain you'll fit in well here :) We are all a friendly lark with a good sense of humour. Some with a possibly odd one though.. (no comment).

Do please share any work you have with us. Would love to see it. Also, we've got a couple of photo competitions going if you're interested. Feel free to jump in and join any time :D

The HST and the Class 92's are also my favourites among some other types like the Class 90.

Right, challenging question for you. Favourite livery or liveries ;)

All the best mate!
-Richard

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the warm welcome bud :). I am pleased to hear that as this forum has some very cool modelling projects which has sparked some influence on some of my upcoming projects I am undertaking on my fleet and layout.

To answer your question on my favourite livery on the Class 92. Number one is the sporty looking DB Schenker red livery, followed closely with Bart (alias 92017 :)).

In general, my favourite liveries are:

East Midlands Trains

DB Schenker

Cross Country Trains

Freightliner (Phase 1 & 2)

Arriva Trains Wales

Iarnrod Eireann (Intercity and Orange/Black)

Best Regards

Ash.

Edited by DBSchenker60008

Hello there, how's it going? This is Jack! Haha, excellent to have you onboard! I've been watching your videos for a while now and absolutely loved them! Hope you don't mind me using your introduction line ;)

Can't wait to see pictures and videos of your reviews and layout with us here on the MRL.

Hope you enjoy your stay Ash! Let us know if you need anything :) We're a friendly bunch.

Regards

Jack Bowley - cofounder

Hi Ash

Welcome to this excellent forum, I have been watching your Videos for quite a while and enjoy them.

Looking forward to seeing images and more videos...

We are always looking to teach and be taught ....

Nice favourites has well i also like the 92 although havent seen one for years

Hi and welcome!

Oooooohhh 92s, HSTs, 90... Lovely! Good taste in locos 

I hope you like it here and enjoy browisng

Im also a fan of your YouTube, it's a very good channel and I enjoy your videos (I'm Swifty11Productions)

Edited by Swifty11

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! ;). Once I have done some clear images of my modelling tweaks. I will share my ideas and hopefully post a couple of tutorials here to help others tweak their models for a bit of realism ;). I appreciate all the positive feedback on my YouTube channel and I am pleased that my videos are helpful for those that are deciding if to purchase a certain railway item as although my reviews are unofficial. I tend to keep them truthful and unbiased :).

I have a great sense of humour overall (I know I may sound serious on my videos) and Jack, you are welcome to use my introductions mate :).

I hope the moderators and admin won't mind me asking a question regarding posting YouTube videos. Is there an embed function that allows YouTube videos to be embedded into the topics when the url is pasted into the topic post similar to how the smilies are displayed?

Best Regards

Ash.

Thanks for the info on this Jack :). Its a big help as I have made some videos with my tweaks in them which can show the tweaks better than relying on text input where I am prone to typo's haha! ;).

Hello ash

Nice to see new faces still come into the forum. I'm also called ash :/ could soon be confusing haha. How big is you layout and how long have you have your current?

Ash

MRLm.png

Hi Ash.

My layout which is known as the "Phase 1" layout is just a basic 6 feet by 4 feet that uses 3rd and 4th radius curves to allow the newer stuff to negotiate the corners easier with fewer problems. As I have noticed that some of the locomotives with the close couplers can "jam" up on the tighter bends.

Best Regards

Ash.

Hello and welcome!

Layout sounds really good, look forward to seeing and reading some more!

Hope your settling in,

All the best,

Phil

MRLm.png

Thanks for the warm welcome Phil. I will be making a dedicated topic to my layout as soon as I have ordered, built and added atleast three more Vollmer, Faller and Kibri kits to make the layout look better :).

Hello Ash, and welcome to the Forum! 

I am sure you will enjoy this friendly community of model rail fans!

Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks for the warm welcome mate. I have to say that the forum is well presented with a positive personality and outlook which is what made me decide to join in the fun and close community. Keep up the great work folks :).

Best Regards

Ash