nealscooper

Modern Image N gauge - Horseblock Lane

OOOPS! I wrote Wheathampstead. I meant Sawbridgeworth! Better remember to go to the right town next month! I'll edit the post above to avoid confusion.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a network rail class 950 in N gauge?

You must be very patient!!
Great pics

Yes it is, although I take no credit for it. It is my sons model, but he bought it off of e-bay. I bought some New Measurement Train coaches off of the same bloke as a commission on the back  of seeing how well he'd done the Class 950. I hasten to add that these don't run on HBL, as they would stretch almost the entire length of the layout once coupled to the power cars!

Jeff,

Thanks for asking, the N Gauge Forum meet was very pleasant but not busy. One of then USPs of these things is that they're not crammed with people and that you get the chance to talk to other forum members about construction techniques and product suitability. The weather was terrible the night before and it affected the turn out. In fact loading the layout the night before wasn't easy in the wet and windy weather. I checked up and plotted a course that avoided the floods also and we made ot there fine, but dodged a few re-cycling bins and downed branches on the way.

It was very enjoyable to have chance to chat though, made a few new acquaintances that I hope will become friends in time and picked up a few second hand bargains!

Hi mate

you have some great liveries and rolling stock for N-Gauge, I think N gauge as better liveries available to buy off the shelf than OO Gauge, more so when it comes to modern image.  You have some that I didn't know they did or do you have stock that you have made yourself...

excellent work mate...

Jamie

I've been meaning to ask,

how did the show go?

Jeff

The Sawbridgeworth show was a great success! A really busy show, the first in the town. They exceeded their expectations regarding turn-out and there were lots of interesting questions and nice comments. I was asked if it was based on a real place several times, so the layout must look convincing at least!   ^_^

Hi Jeff,

There was lots of interest from Exhibition Organisers at Sawbridgeworth, so another NE London or Kent show is in the offing. We are definately at TINGS in Leamington this year 13th and 14th September 2014, and expect to be at the Letchworth show 29th November 2014. Not sure if Stevenage Museum Model Railway day this year clashes with any organised holiday yet!

Neal.

Lots of interest at Sawbridgeworth turned into one short notice invite we couldn't do i'm afraid. We will however be in the August 2014 edition of Railway Modeller though! :D Letchworth is definitely on for 29th November also if anyone local wants to see us who hasn't already!

Hi nealscooper

Really nice model very well done.

N is a bit fiddly for me these days.

Complete yes defiantly .

Finished!! just not going to happen there will always be something you can do to improve or change or add to the model.

regards John

Hi Neal,

Just seen the cover of RM, looks good!

I bet Callum is feeling on top of the world.

Hope you got a few copies,

at least 1 to be framed.

You are now in the esteemed company

of Rod Stewart, who said his greatest

moment was not getting on the cover of

The Rolling Stone, but getting on the

cover of Model Railroad!

Jeff

These photos was taken by Paul Bason for the Railway Modeller article featuring Horseblock Lane published in July 2014 edition but not selected for inclusion in the article. It has been re-sized for posting here and used with the kind permission of Paul Bason.

I think they show the layout better than some of my amatuer efforts. They also show up some of the errors too!

Hope you like them.

Cheers, Neal.

post-655-0-60745200-1408211234_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-58469700-1408211259_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-54405900-1408211290_thumb.jpg

A few more of the professionally shot photos of HBL.

These photos was taken by Paul Bason for the Railway Modeller article featuring Horseblock Lane published in July 2014 edition but not selected for inclusion in the article. It has been re-sized for posting here and used with the kind permission of Paul Bason.

post-655-0-85031700-1408260750_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-72457500-1408260830_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-68254200-1408260952_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-66603300-1408261100_thumb.jpg

post-655-0-93531000-1408261127_thumb.jpg

All I can say is that if it wasn't for the couplers, would be difficult to realize it's N scale.

Thank you for your incredibly nice comment Franco!

If people want to see it up close we will be at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) on September 13th and 14th and at Letchworth later in the year. Come and say hello if you see us!

Cheers, Neal.

Well the dust has settled and The International n Gauge Show (TINGS) went well. The layout ran very smoothly and we had something running most of the time to keep the crowds entertained. The easi-shunt couplings are 90% reliable but some wagons I just can't seem to set up right. Neodynium magnets installed to operate them work fine on many wagons, but some, (mostly light, bogie wagons) the magnet just drags down the coupler and up-ends the wagon. We didn't run them twice!

I'm not mad keen on two day shows for exhibiting but I have to say in the middle of the second day I hit a sweet spot where shunting was very relaxing and chatting to people about the layout was very pleasant. It must have been the moment when I stopped worrying about something going wrong with people watching!

It was busy most of Saturday with the traditional scrum at the farish stand. Sunday was as usual more pleasant and relaxed.

We didn't take many photos, but Callum did take a picture of his first loco as it looks now that he has let me take the weathering brush to it.

I'll post the remaining Railway Modeller views after this post too.

post-655-0-18318200-1411674542_thumb.jpg