class66

Banks road, "Modern image" 1990 to 2013 loco"s

Started Building "Banks road" last year from scratch at our model railway club,here on the Wirral.Started out with three members,but went down to two members me and stav.Weve had fer few ups and downs along the way!! but within 18 months,we have gone from no layout to fully working dcc layout.And now have five more new  members in our modern image group. :D

Loco liverys go from 60"s green upto ews/drs ect .We have large station terminus at one end of the layout,and sidings.And fuel depot and TMD depot in the middle,along with Dmu servicing bay.At the opposite end there is fiddlers yard,tunnel complex,small branchline leading to station halt.

The full length of banks road layout is 30ft long,by 3 ft wide,and about 5ft high.

The layout is controlled by Nce Powercab,and seperate control panel.

post-570-0-28637600-1364068938_thumb.jpg

post-570-0-83607100-1364068959_thumb.jpg

post-570-0-25640500-1364068985_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty damn swish! :P

Any chance of more photos of the layout? I'd like to see more areas of the layout and perhaps a track plan :)

Wil have more pictures up shortly Richard,D421 is another member of banks road,he has track plan for me now

Hi Geo Ghost...Here's the track plan of ' Banks Road '.........

The control panel operates the points and lights and runs on a separate power supply...

Regards

D421

Looks pretty damn swish! :P

Any chance of more photos of the layout? I'd like to see more areas of the layout and perhaps a track plan :)

post-598-0-32113200-1364071475_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-15775800-1364071478_thumb.jpg

Fantastic pictures!

I notice the roof tiles looks like an office? Where is the layout located? Looks like a huge room (lucky.. :P )

Philip

Hi Phil, It's located in an old fire station in Birkenhead...It was a training centre before we moved in...

In the back room here there were plenty of computer terminals etc...Jack would be in his element! :D

Regards

D421

Ps. Anybody wanting to come down is more than welcome ( PM myself or Class 66 )...There's plenty of other layouts to view along with a T-bar and club shop.

One of our group members,luvs making anything out of brass wire,like pylons and yard light towers.

He builds all the electrics on "banks road" :) And we would be lost without him.We need to get Keith on

this website...... :D

used builders foam packing from B&Q,modrock and cork sheeting.The cork sheeting was layered to make rock railway cutting...

http://mrlforum.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-570-0-38753400-1364140701.jpg

"We are sorry to announce that services today have been cancelled. This is due to a landslide."

Looks really effective though. Never thought of using Cork before.

"We are sorry to announce that services today have been cancelled. This is due to a landslide."

Looks really effective though. Never thought of using Cork before.

Ive used the same "cork" to build few rock face cuttings on my frends layout :D realy gives that rocky cliff face effect...