StaffsRail

Wrexham General

My OO gauge model railway has been under development for a couple of years now and is loosley based upon the southern end of the real life station at Wrexham in North Wales from 2008-2010. This covers the period when Wrexham & Shropshire were in operation and the log trains changed from Virgin to DRS 57's and subsequently to Colas 66's.

Full details can be found at the layouts website - http://wrexhamgeneral.webs.com

And below are some taster images:

A busy scene at the Wrexham & Shropshire depot

AbusysceneattheWrexhamShropshiredepot.jpg

57002 passes with the south bound loaded log train

57002passeswiththesouthboundloadedlogtrain.jpg

Arriva Trains Wales 158823 hurries past on a service to Holyhead

ArrivaTrainsWales158823hurriespastonaservicetoHolyhead.jpg

An unidentified EWS 66 passes with a departmental movement of VGA wagons destined for Newport

AnunidentifiedEWSshedpasseswithadepartmentalmovementofVGAwagonsdestinedforNewport.jpg

Now this I'm liking. As a big fan of WSMR myself, I adore the work you've done. I'm only about an hour's train ride away from the station and, during their brief operation, loved every second! Great to see you modelling such a bland station now that the company's gone. Keep up the great work! Will you be utilising the WSMR silver mk3s along with the DVT (82305) and newly tooled 67s to create another set?

As it happens I know Wrexham General very well, and it's goo to see it modeled for once! It also shows how a prototypical location can be adapted to suit the available space, must say you've done a great job :P I came across your website a few months back, I will be following with interest :)

Dave

I've just had a mooch at your website, and it now makes sense which part of Wrexham Gen you've modelled - and I agree, it's one of the best bits of the station! Those bay's were in need of modelling, and you've done a good job :D You also seem to be good with a camera too because some of those photos on your website are very good! We're always looking for people to enter our competitions, and was wondering whether you want to enter our Photo of the Month competition for model railways? Have a look here if you're interested :D

Keep up the great work mate. Where abouts are you based?

I'm based in Stoke-on-Trent and have an a-level in photography, hence the decent photos, although some need updating and replacing now that the layout has progressed further. I will no doubt enter the monthly competition at some point.

I've been weathering my rake of MEA wagons over the weekend. They have all been airbrushed with Railmatch Frame Dirt along the bottom half and I have then tried some Modelmates Black Soot dye on a couple of them to make it look like coal dust has been washed down the sides.

Let me know what you think.

post-453-0-78324500-1347263721_thumb.jpg

post-453-0-07655200-1347263802_thumb.jpg

Hi Mate

Great Photos, Do you have a Track Plan and size etc of the layout...

I lived near to Wrexham for the last 3 years or so...

and have loads of photos of the BR Blue and Lastest Silver/Gray Livery era, shame it can to an end so soon, but its great to see it living on here...

More Photos Please...

Also I love the weathered Wagons They are great...

Do you have any more on the Weathering side whether its Loco or Wagon...etc

Jamie

That's a DRS 66/4 chassis :P The reason I can tell is because of the red panel below the clusters. EWS are yellow. The EWS ones are the original batch, and DRS were the first to use this newer style cluster. Freightliner's /5 batch use the original WIPACs, and the /6 and /9 are the newer style. GBRf and the ex-Fastline ones are similar to the original EWS style, but the marker lights are blanked and the tail lights are LED white/red just to make the economical veg get excited.

HTH

And no, I'm not a shed veg.