Philip

Windward - Scottish Modern Image

Here are some pictures of the system and a bit of information on how it works.

Currently, as this is only a test at the moment, i only have a timetable written from 7pm until 10pm in the evening, peak running hours!

The system is completely separate from the DCC control system.

The timetable is running on my PSP game console (another little project i have been working on ;) ;) )

dscf4166.jpg

Here is a close up of the PSP screen showing the timetable:

dscf4165y.jpg

Not easily shown in this picture, but the "Calling at" area is scrolling the stations.

("A/D" means "Arrival/Departure" as platform 3 is a terminating platform.)

A feature i have included is when the departure time occurs, for example "19:01" from the above picture - the timetable will refresh after the train has departed, approximately 30 seconds after the train is scheduled for departure and remove that train from the timetable.

This means that the next train to arrive will always be at the top of the timetable.

Wow that looks excellent I'd love to know how you've done that, just a note on the wagons IOA's i think would be best as it can be used with both 66 and 70 or anythng else the've ran with most locos now.I hear there have been alot of problems with the JNAs bent chassis touch wood my IOAs are fine...

Thank you very much for your advice Richard - much appreciated.

The system is made up of a series of webpages, in my case this is loaded into a system i am working on for PSP, but it would just as easily be run on a laptop or desktop - the screen size wouldn't be right as it's designed for a much smaller screen - but it would work just as well.

I hope to make this system available to everyone - but there are still some problems with it at the moment.

I don't have an Ipod touch, so i don't know the capabilities of storing webpages.

The obvious problem is that people have to edit the timetable for their own layout - so i could host it online, but it would have to be a fixed timetable, which wouldn't work for every layout design.

So its made up of various web pages? So it automatically refreshes at certian times? Very nice. If you could explain how to make it, then Im sure I can work on it :) A great idea it is though Phil!

I will happily put the source files for it online later today once the problems i have found are resolved.

It would be a lot easier, and faster for you to just modify my basic code than to write your own from scratch!

Righty ho! I cannot wait for the public version! Ill be recording some platform announcements over the summer hols recording templates, may take some time, but as Im happier with my voice now, I will be able to add some speakers and let the public know of the next train :D

Hello Jack,

There are a lot more capabilities with a laptop - for example you could have separate arrival and departure boards which update independently.

Mainly things where a larger screen size is an advantage.

The version i have created is not designed for a laptop at all.

Anyway, i am almost done and can get my version online for you to have a look at.

All the files are webpages, you will need to open the webpage in Notpad to edit the code of the webpage.

The file downloaded link is here:

http://resource.f1p.co.uk/WindwardTimetablePC.zip

You will need to unzip this file,

Inside you will find two folders and one webpage.

The webpage "main.html" is the page that runs the system from the begining - open this to start the application.

The folder "Images" contains all the graphics for the application, no need to touch any of these.

The folder "timetablepages" contains all the webpages for the timetable to run, it begins at page 1. These files you will need to change to modify the timetable.

This application is not initially designed for a PC but can be run on one!

This application is designed to run on a PSP, which is running the F1p Amnek Operating System - which is not available yet.

i have extracted the file, and can access everything. How do I edit it all and get it to run so that it will re-fresh after a certain time?

Its very good, and thanks ever so much for sharing.

Okay, i'll take you through an example using "p1.html" located in the "timetablepages" folder.

At the very top of the page, here is a few lines of HTML code:

Windward Timetable for Amnektitle>

head>

function getCurrentTime()

{

var myDate = new Date();

var mySecs = myDate.getSeconds();

var curHour = myDate.getHours();

var curMin = myDate.getMinutes();

var suffix = "AM";

if(mySecs

mySecs = "0" + mySecs;

if(curMin

curMin = "0" + curMin;

if(curHour == 12 && curMin >= 1)

{

suffix = "PM";

}

if(curHour == 24 && curMin >= 1)

{

curHour-= 12;

suffix = "AM";

}

if(curHour > 12)

{

curHour-= 12;

suffix = "PM";

}

var time = curHour + ":" + curMin + ":" + mySecs + " " + suffix;

document.getElementById('time').innerHTML=(time);

if(time == "7:01:30 PM") //Change this time to 30 seconds after the departure at the top of the list. The link below is the updated page of departures.

window.location.href="p2.html";

}

script>

head>

On the line 7th from the bottom, you find:

if(time == "7:01:30 PM") //Change this time to 30 seconds after the departure at the top of the list. The link below is the updated page of departures.

window.location.href="p2.html";

}

script>

head>

To change the time of update, change the time.

For example, if your first train departs at 7:00PM, and you want the timetable to remove the train from the departures board 30 seconds after leaving change the "7:01:30 PM" in the code to: "7:00:30 PM".

This will change the page "p1.html" (the current page) to "p2.html" (as seen on the 5th line from the bottom) at that time.

Thanks very much. I am now at the coding and looks rather fab! However, the scrolling text is not in line with the other text, and its like this

Chester

Crewe

etc

rather than the rest which is like

Chester

Crewe

etc

Any help Phil? Once this is done, I will start to get my version completed :D

This is a problem where it works on the PSP, but not on the PC.

There is a quick fix to it though.

Go to the scrolling section of the page:

div>

Calling atb>

Dundee, Perth, Sterling and Glasgow Queen Streetmarquee>

Dundee, Leuchars, Cupar, Kirkaldy, Edinburgh Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverlymarquee>

This train terminates heremarquee>

Arbroath, Montrose, Stonehaven and Aberdeenmarquee>

Arbroath, Montrose, Laurencekirk, Stonehaven and Aberdeenmarquee>

table>tbody>div>

At the end of each of the scrolling lines you will see the tag , to fix the line problem add the tag

after it.

So it would look like:

div>

Calling atb>

Dundee, Leuchars, Cupar, Kirkaldy, Edinburgh Haymarket and Edinburgh Waverlymarquee>

Arbroath, Montrose, Stonehaven and Aberdeenmarquee>

Arbroath, Montrose, Laurencekirk, Stonehaven and Aberdeenmarquee>

table>tbody>div>

This should fix it!