Sign in to follow this  
Jack

My trip to Miniatur Wunderland December 2011

Hey all,

Just to let you know that just before Christmas, I will be taking a trip over to the German city of Hamburg to get a taster of the most impressive model railway in the world - Miniatur Wunderland.

For those who don't know, Miniatur Wunderland is the largest model railway in the world, and one of the most successful permenant exhibitions in Northern Germany. Built in around 500,000 hours, with a team of 150+ people, and a lot of money, Miniatur Wunderland packs a lot of skills. It is hard to explain the railway...

Why not take a look for yourself? Click the image below:

Hamburg_Speicherstadt_Landu.jpg

In December 2011, James May carried out a re-attempt of the OO-gauge world record challenge between Barnstaple and Bideford, racing against a German team from Miniatur Wunderland.

I cannot wait to see this amazing layout for myself in only 4 weeks time. I shall report back with photos and my verdict.

Thought so. Would be cool to do a round rail-trip though.

Who are you flying with and how much did the flight cost? Myself and a couple of others were looking into cheap ways to get there for a future trip ^_^

Also, if it is RyanAir... please refrain from answering the above as I will find it difficult to look at you ever again :D