Jack

Causeway Junction

Thanks.

I will be uploading some more picture's to the website over the weekend, in the mean here is a few pictures of the latest wagons to arrive, Hornby's long awaited KFA intermodal wagons!! The wagons on first glance look extremely good, with underframe detail being superb, they also have sprung metal buffers, but the container spigots are moulded into the body which will make fitting other container type impossible without modifying them, which is disappointing!

Bondy

IMGP0974.JPG

IMGP0975.JPG

IMGP0977.JPG

IMGP0978.JPG

IMGP0979.JPG

IMGP0980.JPG

IMGP0982.JPG

Absolutely fantastic! Hornby have done an amazing job of these wagons. Did you have to sand down the little thingies that hold the containers in to allow 40ft containers on? What's going on in one of those shots? A mysterious hand is holding what looks like plastic (voyager to you :P ) which was gonna hit the container train at the wrong moment :P

"Sprung buffers" i hear you say... YEEEE HA! I need a few of these then... where is my wallet?

Absolutely fantastic! Hornby have done an amazing job of these wagons. Did you have to sand down the little thingies that hold the containers in to allow 40ft containers on? What's going on in one of those shots? A mysterious hand is holding what looks like plastic (voyager to you :P ) which was gonna hit the container train at the wrong moment :P

"Sprung buffers" i hear you say... YEEEE HA! I need a few of these then... where is my wallet?

Hey Jack

Yes they are very nice indeed, The 40ft hornby containers after extra holes in them to take the extra spigots, I will try and take a picture later to show you what I mean! The mysterious hand belongs to my 2 1/2 year old son who was messing about, his favourite train is the voyager!

Bondy

Hey Bondy,

Oh right... so they allowed their containers to fit, but not others :P Cheeky. I look forward to the pictures mate! How are the works going on? I know you ripped up quite a bit and are relaying track, but hows it all goin'?

Thats correct Jack, only there containers will fit which is a bit of clever marketing on there be half, alright! The work is very slow over the last few months as you can guess with no videos or updates, its been hard to get the time, and with my second kid to be born this week hopefully, I will have even less time available!! But hopefully I will get a hour here or there!

Bondy

It is indeed a clever way ;) Second child? Best of luck with that one Bondy! Hope everything goes alright. Boy or girl? Btw, you need to get your 2½ son to be into 37s otherwise he will lead a poor life ;) hahaha

Phil,

I see your selling my 60033 i did for you link here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-class-60-033-Tees-steel-Express-/230636259426?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35b2fe0862 take it your selling her to buy the hornby rtr b/s blue model then?

Hey Jon

No I wont be buying the hornby one, ur's is better anyway with weathering etc, no I want to buy some new wagons and other bits and bobs, so this is the only one I could part with, reluctantly mind you, I love my EWS tugs to much to part with them so unfortunately it had to be 60033!!

While im on I must mention, I am now the proud dad of another little boy on friday morning, another TUG fan is born I hope!!!

Bondy

Hey Bondy,

Oh right... so they allowed their containers to fit, but not others :P Cheeky. I look forward to the pictures mate! How are the works going on? I know you ripped up quite a bit and are relaying track, but hows it all goin'?

Jack

He is a picture of the Hornby containers showing the underbody with the notches taken out to suit the Kfa wagons!

IMGP0999.JPG

bondy

Im liking the new forum very nice indeed.

I gotta start updating this thread more often, very little if any progress has been made with the layout, due to baby and the attic been very hot at this time of the year!

Hopefully when the dark days and nights return, I can get some progress with it. In the mean time here are a few snaps from the layout.

Bondy

IMGP0269.JPG

IMGP0394.JPG

IMGP0408.JPG

IMGP0518.JPG

IMGP0521.JPG

Looks amazing! Your redevelopment is taking place very nicely Bondy. Glad you approve of the new forums.

Yeah not happening quickly enough for me though, would love to have more done, need to get the backscene completed then i can work forward from there, been in the attic access to do any work is a real pain in the ***.

IMGP0300.JPG

IMGP0387.JPG

IMGP0400.JPG

IMGP0962.JPG

Cracking stuff! Progress is always slow with anyone mate, unless they have enough money to get everything at once. The motto for you is "Slow and steady wins the race". Taking time is always best, as the results are amazing.

Good luck with new fella :) All the best.