Jack

Causeway Junction

Hi Bondy

I have a large number of Hornby 60's a I agree they are great engines (mostly all done by Jon G). I have a few problems with derailing wagons especially light ones, do you think you could add a photo of how you stop this. I have checked your workbench and can't find it but probably overlooked it.

On the kadee I have have thought to change to this, can I ask does it improve reliability as well as looks and which ones did you use for the 60's

cheers

nik

Hi Bondy

I have a large number of Hornby 60's a I agree they are great engines (mostly all done by Jon G). I have a few problems with derailing wagons especially light ones, do you think you could add a photo of how you stop this. I have checked your workbench and can't find it but probably overlooked it.

On the kadee I have have thought to change to this, can I ask does it improve reliability as well as looks and which ones did you use for the 60's

cheers

nik

Hey Nik

What sort of curves does your layout have? Set track curves can cause a problem alright, and certain types of wagons also. I will take some pictures and do I write up of what I have done to my class 60's. The Kadee definitely helps with looks and operation I use them all the time. I usually use a number 17(very short) or 18(short) on my tugs, again the 17 might be too short for curves depending on the wagons that your pulling, the difference being the length of the shank.

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dc_kits/kadee_automatic_buckeye_couplings/kadee_buckeye_automatic_couplings/kadee_no_18_coupler.php

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dc_kits/kadee_automatic_buckeye_couplings/kadee_buckeye_automatic_couplings/kadee_no_19_coupler.php

Bondy

Hi Bondy

I have 3rd radius and above no set track I think some times its just the hook catching on point blades as my layout has gradients even though they are slight. Interestly it seems to be bachmann wagons that derail more than hornby and the heljan ones I just have all sort of problems with and I think I may kadee all of them

Nik

Hi Bondy

I have 3rd radius and above no set track I think some times its just the hook catching on point blades as my layout has gradients even though they are slight. Interestly it seems to be bachmann wagons that derail more than hornby and the heljan ones I just have all sort of problems with and I think I may kadee all of them

Nik

Hey Nik

I will try and get some photos tomorrow of the coupling and show you what I have done with the cam to help the problem, but you should try some Kadee's they are much better and look more realistic all round.

Bondy

Hi Bondy

I saw Cairns Road Works had a model of 60039 on ebay recently and when I saw it had sold it said 'Bondy_2005' so I thought it must be you!

It really looks great,I too will soon have a model of 60039,as soon as I get a Hornby 60026 donor model.

Regards

Lewis

Hi Bondy

039 looks great!

Those faded logos and numbers are identical to the ones I have for my 60039.

Regards

Lewis

She does look superb, one of my favorite 60's is 039!

I have also posted an update last night of the progress with the layout, have been busy yesterday and this morning with track laying so almost there with the tracks on the scenic side, although the ends of the fiddle yards are going to have to be changed to accommodate 4 running tracks instead of two, and with removal of the upper level there is room for more tracks in the fiddle yard to be layed.

Bondy

Hi Bondy,

So you bought andi's 60 then she needs the steps silvering up buddy that all do the trick on her, as for the numbers John.p & i designed and created these fade range numbers they seem popular i've got a few 60's here left to finish off using J.P's numbers.

Cheers, Jon.

Nice updates Bondy !

What radius are the 4 curves into the station area ?

What is the actual size of the layout, can't seem to find that on the website !

Hey Tim

Thanks mate, for once managed to get some work done on the layout.

The inner curve is about 36" radius and then the others are slightly bigger as they go out. The layout is 20' by 11' wide!

The inner curve is about 36" radius and then the others are slightly bigger as they go out. The layout is 20' by 11' wide!

Cheers for the info and damn that's a nice size for a layout lol

Did you use Peco curved track at all or just use flexitrack bent to the correct angle ?

I'm planning a new layout and deciding whether to go with 2nd and 3rd radius curved track or not.

Cheers for the info and damn that's a nice size for a layout lol

Did you use Peco curved track at all or just use flexitrack bent to the correct angle ?

I'm planning a new layout and deciding whether to go with 2nd and 3rd radius curved track or not.

The attic is great size for running long trains but it does have the draw back of all the roof beams but I have got used to them and its there or nothing!!

The track work is all flexi track peco code 100 concrete sleeper, I use templates for laying the track work which fit inside the curved section and can hold the shape until I get it nailed down, made by Tracksetta, the link below is for the 36" radius, they are very handy indeed!

http://railsofsheffield.com/oo-ho-915mm-36in-radius-tracksetta-oot36-JJJA13587.aspx

bondy

Eye Tim,

I used the same method with tracksetas an peco concrete track u don't want any pre curved stuff looks miles better doing it this way even without the trackseta is good as i did on some parts of my layout to eaze the corners up a bit;)

Yep Jon is correct the flexi track is much better than the settrack stuff Tim!!!

Here is a few more pictures from the layout today, the latest loco's to join the fleet are Bachmann 66570 and 66504!! 66570 has been lightly weathered and had the couplings modified, this loco also displays the correct light pattern up front! While 66504 has been heavily weathered and will have shawplan pipes and coupling completed soon.

bondy

IMGP0594.JPG

IMGP0596.JPG

IMGP0599.JPG