1. Welcome to the Forums!

1. News

Updates we have made to the forums.

Any Information regarding the forums.

New members can introduce themselves to the forum community.

Having a problem with the new forum, post everything in here!

1. 1,053

1. 17,949

There are two ways you can get your club involved with the MRL Forums!

1. You can send the club's details to an administrator to be advertised such as where the club is based, when you meet up and what your website (if you have one) is.

2. If you want to go the extra mile, you can set up your club's own sub-forum! This will not only allow you to advertise, but also mean you and your members can have a forum of your own to use for your needs.

What ever you want, all you need to do is send an Administrator a PM to get your Club or Society added here, and outline what you would like from us.

1. For Sale

Items that are for sale.

Wanted Items.

1. Locations

Post reviews of your favourite locations for railway photography in the UK.

Your real Railway pictures.

Your real Railway videos.

Discuss all other aspects of Real Railways here.

For all your Continental Railway news/pics

Post all your topics about rail tours here. Times, news, or just sharing pictures, show them here.

1. Off Topic

Discuss anything not covered in any other category.

Suggest how the forums can be improved.

Discussion of other transport types.

1. Railworks

A forum to discuss everything Railworks!

A forum to discuss all your Trainz topics!

• No posts here yet
    3. BVE

A forum to discuss everything BVE!

A forum to discuss everything MSTS!

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Roland Rat
    Newest Member
    Roland Rat

• In August 2019 my wife and I belated celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary by having a few days away. We chose to stay West of Llanymynech in the Welsh Borders.While we were there we travelled the length of the Tanat Valley, following as closely as we could the route of the old Light Railway.Much of the time on the journey we were looking across a couple of fields and noting a slight rise in the land along the line of the old railway!We started the journey down the valley from Pennant Melangell and it's picturesque church. Intriguingly, there was a small museum in the church tower which included a number of things relating to the old Light Railway.Sadly, we timed this excursion badly and were unable to visit the visitor centre at Nantmwr. It was closed in the days that we were in the area.This post gives a great deal of background information about the line and the Tanat Valley. I hope, in the next post to follow the route of the line as best as possible.http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/09/18/the-tanat-valley-light-railway-and-the-nantmawr-branch-part-1You will note that one of the reference documents used is a GCE project report about Llangynog and the railway which I came across in St. Melangell's Church.
    • Another Forest of Dean Colliery. .... Flour Mill Colliery. ....http://rogerfarnworth.com/2017/09/30/the-flour-mill-colliery
    • The industrial history of the Forest of Dean is such that the intensity of activity was high throughout the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century. Innovation was rife and nowhere was this more true than in its transport infrastructure.In, what history will ultimately regard as, a very short period of time, tramroads were built and became the dominant form of transport. They waned and were replaced by broad gauge railways which in turn lost out to what was the dominant but probably inferior standard-gauge. For a time, all were active in the Forest at once. .... http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/09/15/different-railway-gauges-in-operation-the-forest-of-dean My wife and I stay in the Forest of Dean most years. September 2019 was no exception. We stayed in a cottage close to what were Cannop and Speech House Collieries which were both rail served when they were active collieries. I have already posted about Cannop Colliery as part of this series of posts. It seems appropriate that I post something about Speech House Colliery.http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/09/14/speech-house-hill-colliery-and-railway
    • (Part 1)....... New Walmington Pier 009 Edwardian Seaside Pier Tramway (www.newwalmingtonpier.com) This is the start of the autumn/winter layout overhaul before its 2020 exhibition season starts next February. Today I got rid of the God-awful Peco 009 buffer stops and replaced them with 3D printed track bumpers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-10-x-009-narrow-gauge-post-type-buffers/323850036820?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 Here's the before and after photos. The big job to come is repainting the white edging of the pier which involves removing several coats of the white paint and replacing the plastic railings with laser-cut ones. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Part 2)........ All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車 00 scale Hong Kong Tramways street scene (www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com) The 80M Hong Kong made 'Tram Stop' transfers cracked and flaked once dried rendering them useless, I replaced them with a self-adhesive print of the card backing and cut them to fit. The other simple job was to add the crossover wire to my dummy overhead and both items make a difference!
  • Recent Status Updates

• Images

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.