stretch had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About stretch

• Rank
    Green
  • Birthday 06/02/1960

Profile Information

• Interests
    I like N scale modelling = bullet trains, intermodal modelling, container ship modelling and container crane modelling and the creator of the new N scale layout N Toppia
  1. stretch

new year new project

John, it looks ok mate, since when does a tarp on a wagon look neat and tidy, err never, you've done a great job there.
  2. stretch

N Toppia - a new direction in N Scale

Buzz, As you know and share it if you want, we N Toppia are on Facebook,
  3. stretch

buz rail workshops

Buzz, Try using a smear of betadine mixed with wood glue, all is needed is a dab of the betadine mix with a cotton bud on the glass, the wood glue helps the adhesion to the glass. Once dried it will look dirty and you can give it a 2nd coat as well, Cheers, Stretch
  4. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, Just another useless bit of info, don't ever use Woodland scenic's real water as it never drys thoroughly through to the bottom and it remains soft, hence why we are not using it on N Toppia, and it's rather expensive. However, when I see you next in Perth I will give you some of the liquid we are using on the port, so you can use it on your layout mate, and if your going to place old boats etc on or near water make sure that half is in the water and the other half is out, like laying on the mud bank John, Just another useless bit of info, don't ever use Woodland scenic's real water as it never drys thoroughly through to the bottom and it remains soft, hence why we are not using it on N Toppia, and it's rather expensive. However, when I see you next in Perth I will give you some of the liquid we are using on the port, so you can use it on your layout mate, and if your going to place old boats etc on or near water make sure that half is in the water and the other half is out, like laying on the mud bank
  5. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, it appears you don't listen to me in regards to making H2o in modelling form. An easy way is to use liquid silicone and add a hardener over the top, and I believe all good craft shops stock the stuff. One must paint dark to medium blue to get the required depth, add some brown on the edges and pour away. It will take awhile to dry in hot or cold climates and you can shape it with ripples and waves Cheers, Stretch
  6. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, the op went well and i can see that you havent lost it completely, and it was only 46 Degrees up the other day and it was only 44.4 Degrees down here in Perth, and to those of you that follow John and this page the temperatures are celcious 46 x 2 + 30 = 122 degrees F
  7. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, you have always suffered from craft, all 42 years now
  8. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

When one decides to post photo's of the layout can you make sure that its complete without stuff, eg modelling impliments and products are not in the picture or in the background.
  9. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, I told you that the gnomes keep away those who dont belong around including the 1 to 1's
  10. stretch

N Toppia - a new direction in N Scale

This is the basic block concept plan for the layout
  11. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John. On the photo you posted there is a piece of track on top of the hill. In regards to the purple kind of day, it turned out yo be a very red & white type of day
  12. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, Ok I give up mate, I see there's a new piece of track on top of the hill that dosent seem to go anywhere or was this accidently placed
  13. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, why do you have to call him Fred
  14. This will be the start of something very big in an exhibition layout, 40m x 3m The layout will have a City 5m x 3m, a port 8m x 3m, and an airport 10m x 3m. There will be several items moving around the City, like trains and trams, moving buses and and operating Monorail. This layout has been a longtime in the planning stage and I will put up the basic plan of it and photo's in the coming weeks. The "New" direction in the layout technologies will be exposed soon to everybody and I hope it changes the direction in the way we do our great hobby. The layout is being built by 6 people including yours truly and as social gatherings at our homes and a very large workshop where it will be housed once complete.
  15. stretch

The MSLR in OO scale

John, All one needs now is a lazy railway employee standing on the coal stage with a cigarette looking at what to do next