StaffsRail had the most liked content!

2 Followers

About StaffsRail

• Rank
    Purple

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

10,822 profile views
  1. Some shots of the DMU out of the box. Sound quality seems good with lots of effects. Also been working on the tunnel area today cutting some pieces of wood down for the sides and fixing a point motor in place.
  2. It comes with passengers pre-fitted although not drivers for some reason.
  3. An exciting new arrival this week in the form of the latest Bacmann Class 150 with sound. I've been keeping an eye out for one on ebay for several months now and bagged this barely used one at a good price.
  4. I was back at the airport yesterday evening and caught one snaking it's way out of the terminal.
  5. I was at East Midlands Airport this afternoon so took a look at the new container terminal operated by Maritime. Fairly simple layout with one siding for loading/unloading with reach stackers and two other sidings to store another rake and allow the loco to run-round.
  6. Was in the Electro-motive Longport depot on Thursday. Not allowed to take photos inside site but it has been significantly upgraded as a result of the Clas 56 project.

7. There were a coupe of these road-railers at Stone this morning plus some trailers.
  8. I hope there are no cars in them! The wagons are there for maintenance.
  9. Car carriers seem to be the order of the day at the moment.
  10. Just deciding how to tackle the tunnel - I might have to lose the parking bays to blend the scenery through because of the height difference.
  11. I've seen plenty of cassette systems on exhibition layouts but never attempted them myself. It could offer a few advantages though so I'll look into it.
  12. I've been having a look at what length and quantity of sidings will fit onto the 4 x 1 foot fiddle yard board today. I already knew that the 67/Mk3/DVT wouldn't fit without an extension but it turns out it would need quite a long one so I'm considering having a shorter 2 coach set as pictured. Everything else should fit in more or less.
  13. The first siding that runs behind the platform is now in place although not fixed down yet. It looks like the large fuel tank from a previous layout can be utilised and I'm thinking of having a retaining wall around the raised section rather than a grassed bank down. Here is another view of the factory area. And here is 66152 buffered up to 08865 on the new siding.
  14. A couple of MK2's I picked up back in December before they sold out. These will be teamed up with a Class 67 and DVT to create a short test train for the layout.