• Last visited

1 Follower

About The Duke

• Rank
    Green

Profile Information

1. The Duke

Details on FNA wagon

Yes I saw that label, that's an old BR one. I thought however that the other larger sign said "Not to be shunted", but having blown it up a bit more I see it says "Not to be sheeted..." which of course relates to the dangers of Radiation building up if the vehicle was covered. The Duke
  2. The Duke

Tamper Crew Various

Patch, The large Plasser & Theurer Tamper seen in 3 of the shots, is a 1970's design, which replaced the older type seen in the top left pic, which dated from the mid 1960's. Judging by the state of the larger machine I would guess it is relatively new, possibly one of the first of its type in Britain. Unlike the older machine, this type could cope with tamping pointwork, possibly why its posed over a point in one shot. Your Father in Law looks pretty pleased, so maybe he was one of the first to operate such a machine in Britain ! Best regards The Duke
  3. The Duke

IMG 20120428 144310

So what does it do, and why all the resistors ??
  4. What an obscene colour ! I thought it was a Union Pacific loco for a moment, not Netquirk Rail!
  5. The Duke

A

9 downloads

Appendix to the Carriage Working Notices f
  6. The Duke

A

5 downloads

Appendix to the Carriage Working Notices
  7. The Duke

A

Version PDF Format

6 downloads

Appendix to the Carriage Working Notices for Summer 1954. S
  8. Version PDF Format

17 downloads

The 1954 Engine Working Notice for Inter-regional trains to/from the SR on Mon-Fri. This document reveals where SR locos went off region, and what other regions locos appeared on the SR, and what these rosters entailed.
  9. Version Microsoft Word Document

7 downloads

A comprehensive list of around 8000 vehicles, showing vehicle number, built & scrapping dates (where known), some reference to sets the vehicle may have worked in, a vehicle type description. Whether the vehicle was Pull-Push fitted, had corridor adapter plates fitted, worked without Buffers, and even SR size restrictions. A separate Pullman Car listing follows the SR coach type listing showing all SR allocated Pullmans even when they worked on other regions, and a reference to this where applicable. This list even shows the Pullmans that were repainted green for use in Ocean Liner Boat trains to/from Southampton Docks. The list ends with a KEY to explain the numerous codes used in the lists.
  10. The Duke

Mk1/Mk2 coaches

Version Microsoft Word Document

5 downloads

Mk1 & Mk2 coaches
  11. The Duke

C

Version PDF

11 downloads

CWN Summer 1960
  12. The Duke

CWN

Version PDF

7 downloads

CWN
  13. Version PDF

12 downloads

Carriage Working Notices Summer 1960 SR South District Pages 1-39. Official BR internal document detailing the formation and working of coaching stock & parcels vans
  14. Version PDF

14 downloads

Carriage Working Notices (CWN) Summer 1960 for SR London District pages 72-114. Official BR(SR) internal document Shows formation of trains and details of workings.
  15. Version PDF

33 downloads

CWN