5 Followers

About piermaster

• Rank
    Bronze
  • Birthday 06/11/1954

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

40,954 profile views
  1. Hi John, It will be a macrolayout for my own use where two trams cross past each other and back again. The backscene is influenced by Shore Road, Birkenhead. Where this slightly angled row of former houses, now offices and shops could be reasonably represented by modified Metcalfe terraced houses. Cheers, Dave
  2. After the recent Government news of 'Not quite a Lockdown but.....' it sounds to me like knuckle down for another six months of captivity. Thinking of re-using my 400mm x 150mm 'Test Tracks' board to make a tramway macrolayout! The trackplan is an X where two cars crossover each other. It is likely to influenced by the Wirral Tramway, Birkenhead putting my two Bachmann Birkenhead (HK) trams back into use. Neither of my Birkenhead (HK) trams have been run for over a year yet they ran like new on the test track tonight. At 400mm long it will never see an exhibition, but the way things are going I wonder if we will.
  3. Thank You Mark, I caught hayfever for the first time in my life last year - aged 65!! Now I get it each year!! Glad you liked the outdoor photos, unfortunately that is a thing of the past with the new 'six people maximum' controls in place (unless we all rush to Scotland or Wales).
  4. It's started already - Erith MRS emailed me earlier to say that their January 2021 exhibition is cancelled and now rebooking it at The Longfield Academy for 29 & 30/01/2022. So New Walmington Pier won't be out until March or May 2021 at the earliest.
  5. Thanks Mark, Had another outdoor car boot meeting on Saturday 05/09, it was very sunny but pollen in the breeze didn't help me much and I gave up after two hours. I forgot my camera so here's a couple of phone pics of 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車'
  6. Earlier in August the Norfolk & Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers had a car boot meeting where we gathered with our cars in a paddock and opened our boots to reveal our models and layouts. I brought along my 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' Hong Kong Tramway microlayout and ran a battery powered radio control tram on it. For our next meeting in September I picked up a Hornby Battery Controller and just tested it, despite it being crudely made with only 'half' and 'full' speeds in either direction, my Dapol GWR Railcars seemed to be quite happy with it. Now to decide which layout to bring for the next meeting! Four of the photos are from the group's first car boot meeting and a photo of the Hornby battery controller.
  7. Unbagged New Walmington Pier today to test everything and as there are now three cars in the fleet but only one can run at a time, I chose to number them. Car 1 - Shapeways/Westgate Models Southend Pier 'Toastrack' Car finished in Volk's Railway, Brighton Teak and Grey Roof. Car 2 - Shapeways/Westgate Models Southend Pier 'Toastrack' Car finished in Southend Local Board Dark Green and Light Grey Roof. Car 3 - Works/Supplies Car finished in BR Freight Grey with Black Roof. All three cars together, but they'll never run like that!
  8. Today at the Norfolk & Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers socially distanced car boot open day:
  9. 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車', Hong Kong Tramways micro layout, OO scale 738mm x 207mm www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com The micro-layout gets a 'public' airing on Saturday 15/8 amongst members of a narrow gauge model group I belong to. It will be a car boot meeting where we will park socially distanced apart, open up our car boots and display our models/layouts. 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車',will be seen for the first time away from home and despite no electricity, I will have the 80M battery powered remote control tram running! If this meeting works, I might well buy a battery controller as it could be an interim way forward for future exhibitions? More photos tomorrow.
  10. New Walmington Pier 009 Edwardian Seaside Pier Tramway microlayout www.walmingtonpier.webs.com Latest Lockdown project: The other Shapeways/Westgate Models Southend Pier 'Toastrack' Car. Test run the 2nd Southend Pier Car in its 1890s Southend Local Board livery on New Walmington Pier on Saturday 01/082020 - the day before the 130th anniversary of the actual Southend Pier Railway!
  11. Therapy whilst working!!! Using the 80M Hong Kong Tram remote control set, unfortunately my office desk isn't big enough for all the track!!!
  12. Hi Kevin, I haven't been online here for a few weeks, so Thank You for your comments about New Walmington Pier, All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車, and Test Tracks. I'll follow your new project with interest, but I'm sure I've seen it on Facebook? Cheers, Dave
  13. Yes, right under our very own Aunty Wainwright's nose!!!
  14. With the 30+ degrees C we've been getting here in parts of the UK it would be worth checking your layouts in garages, lofts or elsewhere in the house especially if they are little used. My New Walmington Pier (www.walmingtonpier.webs.com) is wrapped in plastic and kept in the garage, luckily it is in the shade and suffered no damage, unlike some of the unfortunate tales I've heard about of boards warping, rails pulled out of their fixings, straight track doing S bends, etc. Just an occasional check is all that's needed. Took it out of its wrapping last week and the five most important items on the layout still work: Layout Southend Pier Tram Works Tram Carousel Sound system. Then re-wrapped and back on the shelf. Here's New Walmington Pier in the raw - No trams, no plane, no sound system and no electrics connected:
  15. All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車', Hong Kong Tramways micro layout, OO scale 738mm x 207mm www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com Recently had my first day out into the great big world after lockdown and drove to my favourite model shop in Norwich and came back with a KMB (Kowloon Motor Bus) bus - Now three buses and a taxi hide my appalling cheap figures in front of the office block. EFE China Motor Bus (ex London Transport) Leyland Atlantean XA1 which was its LT fleet number. Corgi Kowloon Motor Bus Volvo Olympian Corgi Citibus Volvo Olympian.