4 Followers

About piermaster

• Rank
    Rainbow
  • Birthday 06/11/1954

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

35,410 profile views
  1. 13th & 14th April 2019 exhibiting at Beamish Museum of the North East, it was so busy I didn't get the chance to get out and see the rest of the site!
  2. First 'proper' exhibition at Cambridge on 06.04: All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里 Car 45 in earlier JCDecaux advertising wrap. Car 56 in Hong Kong Tramways Centennial Wrap. Car 60 in plain white primer, the actual Car 60 ran like this in late 1989 before receiving an advertising wrap. Car 84 in Hong Kong Tramways standard British Racing Green. Car 106 in later JCDecaux advertising wrap. Works Car 400. Eastbound shelter with Toyota Crown taxi and Citybus Volvo Olympian bus (UK built). Westbound Shelter with Sheung Wan Junction behind and Kowloon Motor Bus Daimler (Leyland) Fleetline bus.
  3. Stowmarket Railway Club holds its annual exhibition on Sunday 28 April, 10.30-4.30 at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre Gainsborough Road Stowmarket Suffolk IP14 1LH Admission: Adults - £5, Children - £2. 16 layouts, 13 traders. Full details on http://www.stowrailclub.org.uk
  4. My 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' Hong Kong Tramway themed micro-layout will be at the following April exhibitions: 06/04: 31A (Cambridge) MRC, Sawston Village Hall, Sawston, Cambridge CB22 3BP 13 & 14/04: Beamish Museum of the North East, Beamish DH9 0RG
  5. Debbie with Glasgow Horse Tram 543 at Riverside Museum, Glasgow 20.02.2015 Debbie at East Anglian Railway Museum, Chappel & Wakes Colne 30.01.2016 Debbie having created a 'Tram Jam' on 'Terminus - All Change!!' at South West Herts MRS Exhibition, 06.05.2017
  6. I’m a volunteer member at Ipswich Transport Museum it was our clean up day on 16.03.19 before reopening and I look after Ipswich Tram 33 which was Debbie's favourite vehicle so I gave the brasswork an extra special polishing - Just for her.
  7. HI John, If you're using Peco or any non-American points you'll need Caboose Industries 218S Ground Throws. See: https://www.cabooseind.com/product-info HTH, Dave
  8. All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里 OO 1:76 scale Hong Kong Tramways micro-layout Have tidied up the crossover with a grey concrete base and touched up the sleepers and crossing timbers in black which is typical of new track. Have done a new set of photos for the www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com website.
  9. Thank You Buz, Franco and Bob Hughes. I've never grieved so much before in my life, partly because her illness was so short, she was only 58, and we had a special friendship bond together over the 6 years we knew each other. The rest of my life will have good days, bad days and like today a real 5h1t day. Not only do I miss her badly, but I do remember the great times we had together, including that despite her disability of a permanently dislocated hip from birth, she was determined to climb onto the back of a fire engine at Ipswich Transport Museum, climb on to the footplate of a steam loco for a short ride at East Anglian Railway Museum, and ride on the upper deck of the London Tram at East Anglia Transport Museum!! I will always love and miss her.
  10. The public and fellow modeller reactions were: 1. There's not enough figures to represent a typical Hong Kong street, it needs to be crowded. - 50+ figures added. 2. The concreted area is too bright. - First repainted track colour which didn't look right, the received a photo from HK and another repaint in grey has improved it. 3. Front edge of board needs tidying. - Removed the black vinyl tape facing and painted edging grey.
  11. Hi John, Thanks for your support. Although I've cancelled my March exhibitions, I am going ahead with the others as they are mainly with 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' which Debbie saw under construction but not completed, although she was fascinated by my Hong Kong photos whilst I was there. So I'll be at Cambridge on 6th April and at Beamish Museum of the North East on 13th & 14th April. BTW, I don't drink as I'm diabetic and I need to drive in order to work and to exhibit! Cheers, Dave
  12. Hi John, Thank You. It was all very sudden, we went out in December and despite her hip disability since birth where she was in occasional pain, by December she was in constant back pain and at New Year went into hospital. Whilst I was in Singapore I spoke to her and she told me that one kidney had failed and nothing can be done. I spoke to her again before leaving Singapore and she said it wasn't long and said goodbye. I arrived home on the 27th and she died on the 30th. I'm still taking it all badly to the degree that I've cancelled all my March exhibitions and dreading the Cambridge and Beamish ones in April. The hardest one will be South West Herts MRS in May with New Walmington Pier, Debbie's favourite layout. I did Stowmarket last weekend but I had the club all supporting me. Thanks once again, Dave
  13. First show out My 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' microlayout made its first public appearance at the Stowmarket Railway Club Train and Model Collectors Fair on 3rd March 2019. It received a lot of compliments and for me it was my first exhibition since the sudden death of my friend Debbie, although she saw it being built, she never saw it completed and despite a few tough moments hitting me, I managed the day pretty well.
  14. Just to let you know that my friend Deborah Anne Crawford who accompanied me at numerous exhibitions and helped me operate my layouts died on 30 January 2019 from liver cancer, she was only 58. New Walmington Pier was her favourite layout and she loved operating it at shows as well as chatting to visitors and fellow exhibitors and traders. I miss her very badly and have posted a tribute to her on the last page of my New Walmington Pier website. Dave
  15. Hi John, Thank You John. Yes it is but a drinks coaster done in the style of the old tram stop signs, there is only one in use and that's at the entrance to Whitty Street Depot, some others have been adapted to portable temporary stops. Cheers, Dave