4 Followers

About piermaster

• Rank
    Rainbow
  • Birthday 06/11/1954

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

35,893 profile views
  1. Hi Kev, Back from Norwich with a Hornby R8206 connector track and it’s all sorted!!
  2. Who said this hobby was relaxing and therapeutic? Just about a week before packing to go to Blackpool and withdrew the Tow Truck as it is too delicate for exhibition use, then I've found a broken wiring connection, can't find soldering iron, nearest model shop to me is 15 miles away in Bury St Edmunds, nearest really good model shop to me is 35 miles away in Norwich who has come to the rescue with a Hornby power connector track (I swear by them for their robustness on the exhibition circuit). So off to Norwich tomorrow (14/6) and after the weekend, a day to sort everything out for the show.
  3. My OO scale Hong Kong Tramways microlayout 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' next two exhibitions are: 22 & 23 June - Totally Models, Blackpool Transport Services, Rigby Road, Blackpool FY1 5DD and 29 June - Braintree & Halstead MRC, Braintree Arts Theatre, 15 Bocking End, Braintree CM7 9AE Based upon a Hong Kong street scene where service disruptions cause trams to traverse an emergency crossover serving alighting and boarding shelters. See www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com
  4. At the National Piers Society AGM, Princes Theatre, Clacton on 08/06/19:
  5. Thank You Kev. It's been over four months since Debbie died and I still miss her badly. It is our favourite layout and despite its simplicity it entertains at shows and still going strong after 18 years!!! It is out again on Saturday 8/6 at the National Piers Society AGM in Clacton.
  6. You might wonder as to what does the Bressingham fairground gallopers have in common with model railways? Well, my New Walmington Pier microlayout has a working carousel at the pier head and it would be nice to have some fairground organ music, so I downloaded a free 30 second track on my phone and will occasionally play it back behind the layout when out on exhibitions. Bressingham Steam Museum Gallopers built in 1897 by Frederick Savage & Co, King's Lynn, who built almost all of them. New Walmington Pier's German Carousel.
  7. All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' Hong Kong Tramways microlayout (www.hongkongtramlayout.webs,com) Was wondering what to do with the front right of this microlayout as it had a static car there and nothing else. The static Safety Training Car 888 now has a towing mate in the form of an Asian Bus Models China Motor Bus Tow Truck.
  8. Ever had a 'Eureka Moment' or a 💡moment? I've been racking my brains trying to get the best out my 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' OO scale Hong Kong Tram micro layout. Model Tram layouts don't have that much operating potential, but following my 'Eureka Moment' a few days ago on my 'All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里' where I decided that a service disruption adds operating interest (of sorts) so here is my 'modus operandi' Engineering works or a service disruption has resulted in trams being stopped short and reversed back into service on this microlayout. The front (westbound) tram shelter is empty and used for alighting passengers and the back (eastbound) tram shelter is overcrowded with passengers waiting to board the tram that has reversed. Works Car 400 starts and ends the sequence with arriving at the temporary crossover site and stabling then leaving after all the passengers cars have left. Safety Training Car 888 is static and is just an 'ornament' on the layout! Nor do I get backache operating it now!!! The accompanying photos explain all.... . All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里 The empty Arrivals Shelter. Car 45 arrives to disgorge its passengers before crossing back to the Departures Shelter. Car 56 at the Arrivals Shelter and Works Car 400 on the worksite. Car 84 loading up at the overcrowded Departures Shelter. Car 106 approaches the Departures Shelter. Static Safety Training Car 888.
  9. Exhibition went well and New Walmington Pier was well received by the public. The downside was me getting a front wheel blow out close to the school possibly due to the appalling third-world state of our roads in this country as the tyre was less than a month old. AA came and fitted my spacesaver tyre and because there are no tyre centres open in this third world country called UK after 5pm on a Saturday or Sunday it was a slow 50mph top speed drive home for the 100 miles home. Grrrrr
  10. Just been tested since last used in November at the Kempston, Beds. exhibition and 'Debbie's Layout' is all OK for next Saturday at Bushey, Herts.
  11. At The Guinness Storehouse, Dublin: No.17 No.32
  12. Next round of exhibitions for this unusual tram layout: 22 & 23/06: Totally Models, Blackpool Transport Services, Rigby Road Depot, Blackpool FY1 1DD 29/06: Braintree & Halstead MRS, Braintree Arts Theatre, 15 Bocking End, Braintree CM7 9AE
  13. New Walmington Pier makes its first 2019 exhibition appearance on 11th May at South West Herts MRS exhibition at Queens School, Aldenham Road, Bushey, Herts. It was my late friend Debbie’s favourite layout and will be making its first appearance since her sudden death at the end of January. It’s going to be a bit tough that day.
  14. 13th & 14th April 2019 exhibiting at Beamish Museum of the North East, it was so busy I didn't get the chance to get out and see the rest of the site!