5 Followers

About piermaster

• Rank
    Bronze
  • Birthday 06/11/1954

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

38,882 profile views
  1. Hi John, Try 'Peters Spares Model Railways Ltd' based in Middlesbrough www.peterspares.com However due to Covid 19 lockdown he may not be open until restrictions are relaxed (possibly later this year) He carries lots and lots of parts. Cheers, Dave
  2. 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' Hong Kong Tramways micro layout OO scale 738mm x 207mm www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com Started in December 2019 and nearing completion several months earlier than planned. I already have two exhibition bookings in 2021 for this. Updated 29/03/20 with better quality tram photos, each one is captioned. 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' 'Al All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車'Bachmann Hong Kong Tram 56 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' Bachmann Hong Kong Tram 84 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' Bachmann Hong Kong Tram 106 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車' Bachmann Hong Kong Works Car 400 converted from a plain liveried HK Tram once available for the UK market. The scene that gave me the idea. HKT Car 162 passing Macau Ferry Terminal stop. The result! 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車'
  3. 'All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車'Hong Kong Tramways micro layoutOO scale 738mm x 207mmwww.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com This microlayout has now grown up from a workbench project to a fully fledged layout, so all future postings will be here.
  4. This micro layout project has grown up from a workbench to a layout and future postings will be under the layout's name in Layouts.
  5. Hi John, Thank You for the compliment! Yes I have the HKT beer mat which will be put in front of the layout when (if ever) it gets exhibited. Operation is basic but it needs synchronisation! I'm using a Gaugemaster D dual controller with one car running end to end call at the tram stop, and the other car running non-stop. Both cars start and finish at opposite ends of the board and must run at the same speed so they pass each other at the mid point. Yes it is 8 inches shorter than its predecessor, but I don't get backache with it!! Cheers, Dave
  6. Progress Report 21/03/20 Street lamps in place, Trolley Standards and wiring completed, followed by another running session!
  7. 20/03/20 Repositioned Tram Stop road marking to correct position and then played trams!!!
  8. Progress Report - 18/03/2020 Preparing for self-isolation if I have to and waiting for more bits and pieces. So I decided to play with my trams instead!! Tried out a simple but fairly entertaining exhibition sequence with one stopping tram and the other non-stopping then simultaneous running back to their start points. Figures, street lamps, trolley poles and wiring to be added along with loads more items that I can't even think of yet!
  9. Regret to announce that the 2020 Stowmarket Railway Club Exhibition scheduled for Sunday 26 April has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak.
  10. Last exhibition for a while. Me and New Walmington Pier at Poringland, Norwich on 14/03/2020.
  11. Thanks Chris, the prototype photo gave me the idea. The Faller Lift was a bugger to assemble!! It needs a lot of patience and my patience was well and truly gone when it came to threading the 'cable' through 16 miniscule holes between the lift car and the top bracket - after 2 hours I gave up and glued the car to the top bracket!!!
  12. Progress Report - 15/03/2020 Handrails between footbridges and tram stop added. Bachmann office buildings secured to base and back board. Faller all-glass lift added to one footbridge. Still a long way to go!!! Handrails between footbridges and tram stop added. Bachmann office buildings secured to base and back board. Faller all-glass lift added to one footbridge. All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車 Hong Kong Tramways - Macau Ferry Terminal stop. This gave me the idea for the layout. All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車 This is the layout!!! All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車
  13. David, You could have a weekend break in Blackpool in June, Milton Keynes in August (not recommended), or Woking in September?