4 Followers

About piermaster

• Rank
    Rainbow
  • Birthday 06/11/1954

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

36,942 profile views
  1. That's my 2019 exhibition season over. Back in circulation from February 2020.
  2. The revamped New Walmington Pier was very well received.
  3. The layout has done seven shows up and down the country this year and it has suffered some damage Consequently it has been temporarily withdrawn from exhibitions pending repairs and possibly rebuilding.
  4. Broadlands MRC Exhibition, Jubilee Hall, Norwich Road, Aylsham, Norfolk NR11 6JG on Saturday 05/10. I will not be bringing my Hong Kong Tram Layout 'All Cars Stop Here' as 7 shows up and down the country this years has taken its toll on the layout which needs extensive repairs and possible rebuilding. Instead I will be exhibiting the newly revamped 'New Walmington Pier' http://www.newwalmingtonpier.com Apologies for any disappointment caused.
  5. A bit of tidying up before it’s last show of the year on 5/10 at Aylsham, Norfolk The KMB Atlantean bus has now been substituted by a China Motor Bus 1926 Leyland Lion to provide a heritage cameo. The crossover has been secured ‘open’ to allow cars to cross and to save my back at exhibitions. With only two shows booked for 2020 the layout”s future in this form is questionable. All Cars Stop Here 所有的汽车停在这里 Emergency Crossover now secured 'open' ABC Models (HK), 1926 China Motor Bus Company Leyland Lion HKT Car 45 I TramOramic Sightseeing Car 68 Works Car 400 HKT Car 106 HKT Car 56 HKT Car 84
  6. Today's update: Reduced height of new laser-cut post and rail fencing for the pier by a third as my figures are Preiser HO and the OO fencing would be too high, added 7 feet total length. Tested the Japanese? freight tram (origin unknown) before modifying it to a Works Car. Gave the Southend Pier Car a quick run and it works smoothly. Now ready for The Broadlands MRC exhibition at Aylsham, Norfolk on Saturday 5/10.
  7. Update: No Trams, Just Scenics: Felt a bit unwell to visit a local exhibition, so back into garage and trimmed the new backscene, inserted holes for leads and speaker, and because there is a huge expanse of sand on the backscene which clashes with the sea effect under my pier I built a groyne using a palisade fencing kit to visually divide beach and sea. New backscene trimmed to fit Palisade Fence kit Palisade fences as groyne between beach and sea.
  8. New Backscene in place and left to dry before trimming next Monday. John & Franco: The original Wright Flyer was built in 1903 and was the first in manned powered flight. The Wright bi-plane was further developed from the 1903 Flyer and produced in significant numbers and under licence in UK and Europe up to WW1, by which time both British and German military planes had advanced rapidly. I chose the Corgi Wright Flyer as it was more or less to scale, just right for the period of the layout, and depicted as 'A Magnificent Man in his Flying Machine' parodying the 1960s film. John: The Lift was added in March converted from a badly bodged second-hand model and rebuilt to represent a hydraulic lift (hence the tall accumulator tower), it gives the layout a bit of height.
  9. Backscene returned from the printer. Awaiting trimming.
  10. All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車 00 scale Hong Kong Tramways street scene (www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com) I never was 100% happy with the EFE KMB Daimler Fleetline bus on the layout so how about something heritage? A China Motor Bus 1926 Leyland Lion at the bus layby. Tidied up the crossover as well.
  11. The biggest change is about to happen to my New Walmington Pier 009 Edwardian Seaside Pier Tramway microlayout - It really needs some backscene improvement, so I took a photo of Beer Cliffs when I was in Seaton in July and using the photo editor that come with Windows 10 (The only good thing about Windows 10), I flipped the image, slightly cropped it and plan to get a 3ft x 8ins print to create a backscene to give the layout some depth. The photos show the layout as it stands now, Beer Cliffs as nature intended, Beer Cliffs after I've mucked about with them, and a rough Photoshop done by a friend to show what I am aiming for!!!
  12. (Part 1)....... New Walmington Pier 009 Edwardian Seaside Pier Tramway (www.newwalmingtonpier.com) This is the start of the autumn/winter layout overhaul before its 2020 exhibition season starts next February. Today I got rid of the God-awful Peco 009 buffer stops and replaced them with 3D printed track bumpers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pack-of-10-x-009-narrow-gauge-post-type-buffers/323850036820?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 Here's the before and after photos. The big job to come is repainting the white edging of the pier which involves removing several coats of the white paint and replacing the plastic railings with laser-cut ones. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Part 2)........ All Cars Stop Here 請在此站停車 00 scale Hong Kong Tramways street scene (www.hongkongtramlayout.webs.com) The 80M Hong Kong made 'Tram Stop' transfers cracked and flaked once dried rendering them useless, I replaced them with a self-adhesive print of the card backing and cut them to fit. The other simple job was to add the crossover wire to my dummy overhead and both items make a difference!
  13. Hi John, This layout will not last that long, about two more years before dismantling. To you, me and many tramway modellers it was supposed to be dug up road and track being installed. To the public it looked like a sloppy finish and possibly some exhibition managers felt the same. I tried to take out the points and replace with curved track, but I was risking almost total destruction of that part of the layout, so the points have been secured for crossover and the operation set for single track shuttles with more than one tram used and that is quite common in smaller tram layouts and it eases my back!
  14. After 5 shows so far this year the layout is looking a bit scruffy and the eyesore of a crossover doesn't help, so after the October shows (Aylsham, Norfolk 5/10/19 and Colchester 29/10/19) I will replace the crossover with an S curve and keep the operation simple to ease my back. The Emergency Crossover to be replaced by a double curve and remaining front track left redundant.
  15. Took New Walmington Pier to the Norfolk & Suffolk Narrow Gauge Modellers meeting on 07/09 to check out an electrical problem, after several attempts I simply replaced the power connection track. Why didn't I think of that earlier in the day? Just ordered some appropriate buffer stops to replace the corny looking rustic style Peco 009 bufferstops. The God Awful Peco rustic narrow gauge buffer stop to be replaced with something more appropriate.