Silver
  • Birthday 10/26/1992

Profile Information

• Name
    Philip Thomson

Recent Profile Visitors

36,698 profile views
  1. Hi Elvis, Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing! Phil
  2. Thanks for sharing, the amount of stuff they must of had to ship over to Orkney to build the railways must of been amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  3. Wow, really interesting read - thanks!
  4. Philip

Two Sister's Farm

Looks really good Peter, thanks for sharing. We have ran similar competitions in the past. How did you place in the competition...? Phil
  5. Sorry to see the updates go, dont think the only active member...! John certainly enjoys your updates! Phil
  6. Hi Peter, Welcome to the forums, love to see some pictures. Long narrow layouts, something i need some help inspiring me with please! Phil
  7. Hi Dave, Saddening to read this, my condolences. All the best with the exhibitions next month, im sure it will be difficult. Glad to hear the club are supporting you. Take care, Phil
  8. Hi Tim, That looks really good, very nice effect to it.
  9. Hi everyone, Our apologies over the last 2 weeks for the disruption Forum functionality is now restored after some complex challenges. Any other issues please feel free to reort them here.
  10. Apologies for the downtime last night & this morning, this was for a update to take place. 

Running again now, some background processes are still running. 

Enjoy the new look.

1. Bob Hughes

Bob Hughes

It would be useful if the site would show some reason, and estimated time for recovery, when off line. As it was even the "contact us" option just looped round and round in circles.

2. Philip

Philip

It would of bee, but i couldn't even access it myself to put it up!

It would of been, but i couldn't even access it myself!

11. I think it depends on your layout too, if you are running a lot of shunting operations then DCC is a good choice, the ability to control individual locos is a big positive. DCC sound requires speakers to be added too, lights can be added etc. DCC also works a lot better on modern motors rather than pancakes. Unless you are adding sound, loads of lights and features then a simple 3 function decoded will do the trick. I doubt converting Hornby Dublo to DCC would be worth it, but with modern locos they are set up, designed and take advantage of DCC features. Saying that, you can still run analog locos on a DCC system, the motor does squeel at the high frequency AC from the tracks.
  12. Hi Tim, I think you are trying to log into the forum via Facebook, this Sync was removed by Facebook after their last hack. I have checked the connection to facebook and have disabled the feature on this forum if it is no longer available for our users and prevent confusion. Phil
  13. Hi Tim, Where are you trying to upload this link? Thanks, Phil
  14. Looks great matt, Would love to get one myself, so excited to see your results!