Blue
  • Birthday April 30

Profile Information

• Name
    Ian Moore
  • Interests
    oo gauge modeling, fiction writing, anything non physical

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Hope you get back to it mate you encouraged me... and gardening up north ...? ... what you got a rice paddy Ian
  2. Hi Matt thanks for that I'll top up the coolbox, bit more detailing for the coal offices/weighbridge (Lcut version). How's your project going?
  3. Hi Matt most of the builds for my 'plonk' are complete just have to finish the Lcut coal office which will leave just the platform. Here's the cattle dock (adapted Ratio kit covered in a Scalescenes wrap) next to a modified 'Lcut' small goods shed (Ss's wrapped) and the almost built (Lcut with Ss's wrap) coal office/weighbridge/staithes. Ian
  4. Have some catching up to do on my 'plonk' so will endeavour to get the posts up to date. a. Test run some locos so the first half of St Michael (nee San Miguel) is nearing completion.... really?
  5. Signal box now complete and will add interior details later.
  6. Track weathered/ballasted, new back scene and 1st wagon weathered... of sorts
  7. First wagon weathered ... 6/10 could do better
  8. I was rather taken aback by the cost of oo gauge fire buckets so I made my own... Using a piece of plastic spru I heated it up and stretched it. Then I cut 2 bucket shaped pieces near the stretched part. Gluing some side by side I used fine wire as handles (see image) and painted them.
  9. I was rather taken aback by the cost of oo gauge fire buckets so I made my own... Using a piece of plastic spru I heated it up and stretched it. Then I cut 2 bucket shaped pieces near the stretched part. Gluing some side by side I used fine wire as handles (see image) and painted them.
  10. Track now weathered and ballasted so looking less toy like... I hope
  11. Various scenics done more to do (pond to fill etc) the Shepherd is the point control handle.
  12. Hi Chris sorry for the delay in answering, I have 4 boards 2 @ 50cm x 25cm and 2 @ 80cm x 25cm. Because I live in an apartment and my railway room is the roof terrace and I've not enough space to permanently store them I'm making 2 seperate boards each 130cm x 25cm. Then I'll join them for running sessions (see track plan below). Up to now the boards are standing up to handling very well. Don't want to hijack your thread Chris so I'll make this my last picture but just to demonstrate how the boards are working for me, 25cm width is tight but all 4 boards were only £75 in total and ideal for bringing over to Spain. Ian
  13. Hi Franco thanks for the query I am prone to errors but ref the gap between tracks I've tested it and there's just enough space between to run the trucks and I'll be putting a guard strip along the front when the layout is complete. Cheers Ian