buz

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by buz

1. buz

new year new project

Hi all And now the short one in place. It stands out which is what I wanted and should be less obvious when the rest are glued in. ignore the bare one that's just sitting there so I can gauge the effect of the short one. regards John
  2. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well the bamboo is slowly moving at about 25% snail pace I am not really sure about the lighter green for the short sapling if that's the right word for bamboo. But then again it's all about different colors and textures the real world isn't monotone green. The short bit will be used in an awkward part hole where the base was cut. regards John
  3. buz

Willin Ford

Hi Broadoak I always use Peco track even when its set track nothing I have come across beats it as far as commercially made track goes. The exception that proves the rule is the Japanese micro layout How big is this one and do you have a drawn plan for it. Narrow obviously being a shelf. regards John
  4. buz

Two Sister's Farm

Hi Broadoak Now you just have to do a small extension so we can see just how you get such good results . Wake the bloke on the wagon if he has time to sleep he has time to tidy up all the junk. So the mechanics can see what they have to play with to make the new thingamabob the railway or the farm needs regards John
  5. buz

Two Sister's Farm

Hi Broadoak It is surprising how many people really think you need a small aircraft hanger to build a decent model railway so valid point. Did not spot any farm cats on the layout pictures Me My OO layout is 4'6" square the 1/80 Japanese narrow gauge one is somewhere around 40cm X50cm and uses not much more track than came in the 1960's Jouef/Eggerbahn train sets which is where the track for that one came from. I do have a frame for a much larger narrow gauge layout done but have been distracted by other modeling projects. Just make sure the natural law of model railways doesn't start to exert its self to much. That states that a model railway will expand to fit all of the available space and more if it can find it regards John
  6. buz

Two Sister's Farm

Hi Broadoak Certainly a very interesting and well detailed model. After seeing a video on you tube of real versions of your motive power, just one question where is the Dodgy Brothers passenger coach for the trucks to haul? Any expansion plans for this one? The porter and tippers look OK to me. regards John
  7. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well yet again very little to report. Have tried to settle down and get the bamboo done but it's such a boring job it has not got to the put it on layout stage. the line has however gained its first passenger!!?? The picture is a bit washed out due to the need for the flash and a bright light to see into the shelter. The station name for what it is worth is written in Japanese characters above the English translation and would be visible to any passengers on the train. regards John
  8. Hi Peter welcome would love to see pictures of your layouts regards John
  9. Hi Tim Sorry to see you go I was enjoying reading about Beaminster Road good luck with the retirement. regards John
  10. Hi piermaster Do you by any chance remember the part No of the point lecers? regards John
  11. Hi piermaster Looks good. regards John
  12. Hi Dave Ah! the old I'll have a (insert favorite beverage here) and the free modeling material as well trick regards John
  13. buz

new year new project

Hi Franco I know Panda's are Chinese The idea is if I hide one in the bamboo, then nothing else that doesn't belong on the layout will show up because the thing that doesn't belong is already there Well that's the mad cap theory at any rate. regards John
  14. buz

My friend Debbie

Hi Dave I meant mixing the two of them together in the land of stupid, not as individual totally separated activities. I was unsure if you still had the occasional drink ie in numbers that annually could be counted on one hand. I probably should not but I have one only drink on my Birthday and one only at Christmas and I can tell you while I could legally drive, it would be extremely unwise give the effect that the alcohol now has on me Because to all intents and purposes I don't drink any more for the very same reason. If I had any more than that I think my doctor would go completely nut-so on me. Look after your self. regards John
  15. buz

My friend Debbie

Hi Dave It is never a fun time I wish I could take away the pain but I can't. I can tell you it will get easier with time, canceling the March events is a good idea it will give you a bit of a chance to settle down a bit. The event in May with New Walmington Pier will be very hard on you being the first without her, but after that little tiny bit by little tiny bit it will get easier to deal with. If you feel the need to unload for what its worth you can send me an unload Email, don't do anything stupid like drinking and driving. Take care of your self. regards John
  16. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well I have found a new way to torture myself "N" scale bamboo. This is today's effort so at this rate it will take ten days to finish the rest of the stand of bamboo. Even in "N" its quite tall at 1/80 it would tower over the back ground mountains even the "N" scale might do that. regards John
  17. buz

buz rail workshops

Hi all I finally got the walls to stick together not sure why they would not stick. The roof is now on and glass in. There was no ridge tile molded on the roof so a Peco one was almost split down the middle (The roof angle is different) and glued on the roof. Just needs the final paper details now and a base made regards John
  18. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well its taken long enough but the Tori arch is finally in place. And the ginkgo tree has fallen over again GRRR!! regards John PS any one know where I can get an HO scale Panda that i can hide in the bamboo planed for the RH side of the arch
  19. Hi Dave Looks good like the way the end scene blends in. Is the roundel at the end of the layout a Hong Kong tram stop? regards John
  20. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well its been too hot for modeling with 40+ days but the Tori arch only needs its base cut now so it can be installed on the layout. Not sure the black is the right proportions but it looks OK to me regards John
  21. buz

new year new project

Hi all Well the replacement Tori is just about done it just needs the black the keen eyed will notice the lines marking the black. Once that's done the base can be trimmed to fit the area and scenery at the back of the track completed. regards John
  22. Hi Tim That does look nice. Am I right in thinking the back slope is longer or is that just a trick of the picture? Don't overdo the weathering also needs a really nice garden to go with it. regards John
  23. buz

new year new project

Hi all Not a very good picture but it does show the size of the oopsie with the Tori arch the red one on the right is the new 20mm war games arch with a little trimming on the base it can be shoehorned in it needs a light sand and second coat of paint and the base painted. regards John
  24. Hi Tim Interesting there are a few small locos available now some more reliable that others so I say go for it and more pictures please regards John