Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

Everything posted by 47832

1. 47832

Plwmwerth Uchaf / Upper Leadworth

I've been tempted by a 68 but the desire to buy a car is still just about holding on, looks nice though Jack!
  2. Would it be unfair to ask for whatever Hornby was drinking when they decided the prices for their new releases to get me through Economics work? 

1. Jack

Jack

I'll have half of what they're on! Absolute steals lollol

3. 47832

Please do, theres limits to my abilities in sticky labels! Cheers, Tom
  4. 47832

Looks good Jack! What have you used for your road markings may I ask?
  5. 47832

Can we bring back TPOTM?

Perhaps a theme but a broad one? I know one of the themes was 'by a church' which really limits the entries. Nowhere near me has that shot possible so thats an entry out. If we insisted on images being of a certain image quality and size (as before) then it would keep standards high? If we did a theme of charters, freight and test trains and passenger (inc ECS/stock moves) how would that go down? 60103 Flying Scotsman - Sommerseat by Swifty's Rail Pics, on Flickr 68018 68021 - 4S43 - Moore by Swifty's Rail Pics, on Flickr
  6. Hi All, Could we bring back the TPOTM competition but do it just as a general photo theme? So rather than the obscure ones which people found difficult then just do an enter what you like as long as it is a railway photo? Tom
  7. Want to see behind the scenes at one of Britains most famous train operators? Well now is your chance! Virgin Trains will be holding an open day at the Virgin Trains Talent Academy (Home of 390033!) and at Platform 12 Crewe Station On July 9th 2016. 'Join Virgin Trains as we throw open the doors to Crewe Railway Station and our state of the art Talent Academy, and take you behind the scenes of all things Virgin. *******POSTPONED UNTIL 2017********Plans are still being finalised for this event so keep your eyes on this page for more details as they become available or check the Event Facebook Page Photo courtesy Brian Hall
  8. Interesting visit to the midlands for a pair of blue 47s tomorrow, should be good...

9. 47832

Norwich 14/06/16

170204 is off for repair soon, in the meantime 68004/17 will be doing passenger workings as a second loco hauled set to cover for it!
  10. *******POSTPONED UNTIL 2017********
  11. Hi MRLers! Well, about time I should let you know about the other layout I have... The newly named Thornton Road My already built, well I say already built, kinda half built undergoing refurbishment layout is set in roughly 2003 and is set in the transition period when 86/87/90/HSTs where bowing out and the lovely (though hated by spotters, I quite like them) Pendolinos, Voyagers and 57/3s ( ) where coming into service. Thought it will be multi-era as I have lots of current scene things, for example Alstom Pendolino, pretendolino, DBS livery shed etc etc, and with the GBRf 20901 and DRS 57309/307 on the way there will be a few things parked on the layout too. It has 5 platforms, 4 through platforms and 1 bay, a thunderbird/loco bay and at the back of what is platform 1 an ex parcel siding which is now a loco storage bay and is used to park a DMU in between it's runs to Liverpool and back as it shares the line with a Central trains 156 working up and down to Derby/Nottingham and Leiceter etc with platform 4 being used for services to Manchester. 2 and 3 will be the two main lines which will be served by Virgin West Coast/Cross Country. I have 1 rake of West Coast coaches built up and I need to invest in some more nice virgin locos. Also need quite a few Virgin livery mk.2/mk.3s so any offers people? So guys that's a fairly brief explanation of what my layout is and knowing me by the next update there will be a brand new layout ! Tom
  12. 47832

CazRail: Fleet

Did it sound very unwell then fail? If the answer is yes, the realism of Hornby's models have improved!
  13. Very depressing to see wall to wall sun outside whilst i'm stuck in revising :(

14. 47832

Thornton Road, Virgin west coast in 2003

Not been able to get to the station to get a proper picture, but the driver that dropped off 312 this afternoon sent me this-
  15. 47832

Colette's Models of Exmouth, got the last one! I know Sawyer of Earlestown had a few but they've all gone.
  16. 47832

Little update, Since the last update was last year, theres a lot to be caught up on! New stock is as follows The DRS 47s from Rail exclusive 57309 from bachmann in DRS 60074 in teenage cancer trust 67006 Royal Sovereign And 57312 'The Hood' is arriving net week, a £156 sound fitted bargain!
  17. 47832

Aberforth

Looks great! Are you keeping the WAG set?
  18. 47832

Jack's Workbench

Hired in after one of Chilterns newly painted slam door ones caught fire in Marylebone, not long after it came back from Doncaster either...
  19. 50031 'Hood' out tomorrow, think a trip to Tamworth is called for!

20. Pretty happy with the new prime lens, performed well when tested last night!

21. 47832

Barnetby Semaphores!!

Now well on their way to be demolished now, new signals pretty much all up around Barnetby station too... Heres a couple I got on the last day In the sun for the semaphores... I'll put some non arty party shots up later Sunset of the semaphore - 60026 Barnetby by The Hopeless Photographer, on Flickr 60059 'Swindon Dalesman' at Barnetby by The Hopeless Photographer, on Flickr 66118 Barnetby by The Hopeless Photographer, on Flickr
  22. Almost defrosted from yesterdays Carlisle 'Adventure'....

23. 47832

Noticed an 0Z67 path Warrington Arpley to Thornton Road down loco siding this evening, too dark for me to bother going to get a photo of it but theres no departure path in so i'll go and have a look tomorrow! Max speed 60 MPH according to the path, very odd!
  24. 47832

New information! After a discussion with some contacts at Virgin, its understood that DRS and virgin are keen to utilise their spare 57/3, meaning they plan to create an additional thunderbird stationing area, and Thornton Road is being discussed. In other news, the remodel of the front of the station is now completed and work on modernising and expanding platforms is now underway... More as i have it
  25. 47832

Class 66 photos....

66705 Golden Jubilee' Sandbach by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr 66705 'Golden Jubilee' Sandbach by Swifty11Productions, on Flickr