All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. A bit more time has been spent modelling items on my micro diorama. The steel coal bunker which was made from an old mineral wagon has been painted up and weathered to get the desired rust affect I needed. I’m happy with the way it’s turned out. Real coal will be added in due course. A small oil drum has been left in the corner which needs to be weathered up slightly. I have loaded up a couple of pictures of my diorama progress...
  3. Some lovely photos of the road railers and trailers.😉
  4. Nicely modelled Dave, it’s looking great.
  5. Signs on the layout: Bus Stop, Tram Shelter, Request Tram Stop, Office Rentals, and replica old tram stop sign in front of layout.
  6. There were a coupe of these road-railers at Stone this morning plus some trailers.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Hi MicroModeller. The squirrels I have had for some time and make their appearance now and again around the layout. I hope they can stay where they are now, The fencing at Roseville Station is now finished (with the squirrels at the other side).
  9. Hi NorthBrit the summer foliage and little red squirrels are a nice touch to the layout.😉
  10. Dave it’s nice to have a sick sense of humour when modelling. You can place a figure or an animal anywhere you want just for the fun factor.
  11. Summer is coming. The scenery is freshened up a little.
  12. Looking busy yet uncluttered. Excellent.
  13. I hope there are no cars in them! The wagons are there for maintenance.
  14. It's his sick humour! On New Walmington Pier I have a Grim Reaper at the pier head as I reckon that he is misunderstood and needs time out!!
  15. Last week
  16. You're very much welcome. It's amazing how something so small and simple can be so stunning.
  17. Looks busy, nice pictures of cars being transported.
  18. Thanks samw for the pushing the likes button. My micro diorama is taking shape nicely. I have ordered some white metal figures and lineside items from Dart casting for the diorama.
  19. That is a nice little layout your friend has Dave, it’s a shame about the dead horse.
  20. My wife and I were due to spend a couple of weeks walking in Co. Donegal in April and May 2020. Instead, we remained at home in Ashton-under-Lyne and continuing to do the jobs we love! I would have been writing a blog about our journeys and walks but instead I have started a series about the 3ft-gauge Co. Donegal Railways. .... . http://rogerfarnworth.com/2020/05/27/co-donegal-railways-ireland-part-1-the-glenties-branch-stranorlar-to-ballinamore
  21. Car carriers seem to be the order of the day at the moment.
  22. This second post in this series looks at the railways to the East of the Canal and Docks in Gloucester - The High Orchard Branch, the Hempsted Branch and the sidings associated with both these lines and the East side of the Docks. .... http://rogerfarnworth.com/2020/05/28/gloucester-docks-and-railways-part-2-the-high-orchard-branch-and-railways-to-the-east-side-of-the-docks
  23. Hi Mark, Here is one of my friends simple tram layout - one car, one track, one street, one board! Called 'Torhampton' it represents a Victorian tram experiment using contact studs, unfortunately the prototype system (somewhere in South London) had the habit of electrocuting horses and people if the studs didn't fully retract after the tram had passed - hence the dead horse on the road.
  24. Views of Clarence Dock section of layout. End of the line. Leaving the canal boat. Calder Railway locomotive 'Vivienne' departing .
  25. New bushes at Roseville Station. Red squirrels have appeared Class 121 arriving at the station.
  26. Work is progressing nicely on my micro build. The low relief workshop has been built and I have painted and weathered it to make it like the wall. I’m pleased with how it looks. Cobbles have been laid, painted and weathered around by the workshop area. At the moment I’m working on a coal bunker which has been made from and old mineral wagon kit I had laid around. For now a picture of my progress...
  27. Dave thanks for the information on purchasing trams, I must have one. Hi NorthBrit I’m tempted to buy one, would look nice one a SMS diorama board.
  28. Always good to have a tram on a layout. 😀 Mine trundles back and forth Sovereign Street.
  1. Load more activity