All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. SMS don’t have any of the micro layout baseboards in at the moment. Soon as they arrive I will definitely be purchasing one.
  3. There is something about the shape of the class 121 that appeals to me. I do have a soft spot for DMUs. Some really nice shots.
  4. Today
  5. A Wakefield Kirkgate to Leeds Central DMU at Sovereign Street. Class 121 Seacroft to Leeds Central Arriving at the newly opened Roseville Halt. The flowers on the tree are beginning to fall. At Sovereign Street Station
  6. Hi MicroModeller. It's a case of 'like Topsy, It growed'. It was all okay when the layout was in the loft, but everything is on a rotation (sort of) now the layout is in the spare bedroom.
  7. Hi NorthBrit it sounds like a nice collection you have and especially with fifteen models of the Class 47s.
  8. I have fifteen models of Class 47s. Most of which (the big stuff) were seen at Gateshead Shed one time or another. When I was 16 a colleague at where i was working let me read his copy of Model Railway Constructor. One of the articles was about 'Westerns'. I said there and then I would have a few models. The fleet now totals 13.
  9. Thanks NorthBrit and StaffsRail for the likes. I made a tiny b**b on the wall section, I laid the track before realising I had the wall to build. So I cut out a gap but all will be hidden with a wall mounted buffer stop and foliage.πŸ˜‰
  10. More wonderful pictures of the Class 47 and Class 52.πŸ˜‰
  11. Class 47 47517 'Andrew Carnegie' on a northbound oil train A quiet moment! -- Before Class 52 D1057 Western Chieftain on a diverted train passes
  12. I hope everyone on the forum is staying safe and looking after themselves. As the weeks roll on we are still in lockdown but Restrictions are starting to ease slowly. I can see some people are starting to take the law into their own hands and social distancing does not seem to matter to the few. Trust me I speak from experience. I was hospitalised for three weeks and was on a ventilator, I am coming through this but still no where near my best. People must still take notice of distancing, stay safe, stay well.
  13. Hi I have uploaded a progress picture of my mini diorama. The walled section is progressing well and looks great painted up and weathered. Im waiting for the factory wall to arrive from LCUT as this will be low relief and will blend in well with the finished wall.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Not too big. 😊 and like I said, 'One I saw regularly as a lad.'
  16. I have a soft spot for steam locomotives and your Berkeley looks at home. Nice locomotive.
  17. Your class 47 is a great loco, looks nice on your layout.
  18. Class 47 47583 'County of Hertfordshire' on its way to Crown Point Yard. A Leeds Central to Dewsbury Market Place DMU passing Marston's Yard. A wagon to be unloaded oblivious to the passing DMU.
  19. The only LNER engine I have (and in Apple Green) I have. A must have. I used to see it regularly when I was a lad, albeit in its latter number of 62754 'The Berkeley'. Here it is doing a few circuits prior to me changing the layout over to running diesels.
  20. Hi MicroModeller Try if it is still made Games Workshop Terracotta if not have a look at what Vallajo does they do a massive range of paints some with weird names but non the less they should do something suitable. Terracotta that's the color I used on the flower pot, do bear in mind the color of undercoat or surface may affect finished color (as can lighting) in this case a bright red travelers tooth past tube lid regards John
  21. Last week
  22. Hi I’m stuck on what colour red I should be using on brick buildings and walls. If anyone could help it would be helpful, but the paint needs to be acrylic.
  23. Dave thanks for the kind comments.
  24. Just deciding how to tackle the tunnel - I might have to lose the parking bays to blend the scenery through because of the height difference.
  25. Thanks Mark, You've been quiet lately!!!
  26. All the little locomotives have 'smoke' fitted. Here are the Calder Railway locomotives ready and 'steaming'.
  27. Hi I have managed to get the piece of track laid and weathered. One of the cobbled siding as been painted, weathered and glued in place. Here is a progress picture...
  28. Hi my previous attempts of creating a small diorama have failed. Due to slowly recovering from this horrible virus. I am attempting to model a small diorama with a steam theme to it. A little Andrew Barclay N.C.B. loco will be stopping for refuelling at a small siding. More to follow...
  1. Load more activity