Inverdovian

Inverduff - North East Scotland in N gauge

5 posts in this topic

Inverduff is a fictitious village on the northern coast of Banffshire in Scotland. The track layout and some of the buildings are based on Macduff but I've taken some liberties with other things such as the geology of the area and the fact that my mind wanders sometimes... hence the landing craft, the Wicker Man and the Dalek.

Measuring a massive 13' x 2' it's a simple old school DC controlled roundy layout with a helix at either end enabling the track to return underneath the layout. There is also an exchange cassette system built into the return track for simple train changes. It's a daft idea but it works and I like it. All the buildings and structures on the layout with the exception of one small resin farmhouse have been designed and built by me and my Silhouette cutter, based on those in the Macduff area. There are other items from around Scotland in general but on the whole this is Banffshire... ish.

There is no specific time period on this layout, I have everything from pre-grouping GNoSR through Big 4, BR green & blue, right up to an ultra modern Scotrail Class 68. Freight or passenger, I don't care - Anything goes.

Pictures:

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg

Inverduff in full Emergency Derailment Recovery mode.
014.jpg

Thanks for looking.

TimberSurf likes this

Hi Inverdovian

Very nice layout but I do think a trip to the local war games shop is in order.

To see if there is such a thing as 15mm Daleks and if so get one or a strip depending on if they exist and are in stock to replace the one on the layout

I know they are available as 25 or 28mm war games miniatures just not sure about 15's

The only way that's going to exterminate anything is to run them over:angelnot: .

regards John

Have you not heard of the new super-mega dalek? they're a good 50' tall don't you know and armed with the latest version of the mega-hurt kill o'zap gun they don't need to run anyone over.

(apologies to Douglas Adams)

Anyway. One of my errant locos escaped from the storage drawer earlier today and fancied a run out.

This is the beautiful Lesley:

20181107-1.jpg

Unfortunately she doesn't run too well since I dropped her on her arse a few months ago but she does look good.

Edited by Inverdovian

Hi inverdovian

"Have you not heard of the new super-mega dalek? they're a good 50' tall don't you know and armed with the latest version of the mega-hurt kill o'zap gun they don't need to run anyone over."

Well in that case Inverduff is safe because its well under the guns but New York is stuffed:D

At 13' X2" that's quite a large layout for "N" scale does it have a second station?

regards John