Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inverdovian

Hi all. This is me.

1 post in this topic

Good afternoon everyone. I've just stumbled on this place and it looks interesting.

Let me introduce myself. My name's Andy, I'm winding down to retirement and I like trains. I've liked trains since I was very young but I've only been really into railway modelling for about the last 15 years or so. My main interest is N gauge but I have been known to dabble in commissions in many different scales. I once made a depiction of the Woodhead Line in what I called FT scale (1:700) in an 8" square but that's another story for another time.

Over the years I've had many layouts, all of which have been destroyed and replaced with the two I'm currently working on - Inverduff (NE Scotland) and Bolehill Basin (NE Midlands-ish) both in N but more on those elsewhere. I use simple old fashioned DC, my only submissions to technology are point motors and lightbulbs. I'm old school and proud of it.

I tend to think of modelling as 'If I can't make it then I suppose I'll buy it'. To my mind, the whole idea of modelling is to be creative, to build what you can imagine. Planting things straight out of a box is cheating in my eyes and does nothing to develop modelling skills. I've designed and built almost every building/structure on my layouts and I'm proud of that. Obviously stock is a different matter but I've had a go at that too with varying degrees of success. Believe me, it's not that easy in N with fat fingers and bad eyesight but I try.

Enough of that now, I'm going to post an introduction to Inverduff when I can find the appropriate place to put it.

Me.jpg

Me: Maui 2011 Not much different just less hair and more belly.

Cheers all

:cheers:

Edited by Inverdovian