• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    J.Paul Lambert
    Newest Member
    J.Paul Lambert

• The Kiso Forest Railways - Part B   This post covers one of the main logging railway networks in the Kiso Valley. .... The Otaki Forest Railway.   http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/02/16/japanese-narrow-gauge-762mm-lines-part-3-the-kiso-railway-part-b-the-otaki-forest-railway
    • At Christmas 2018, a friend gave me a book by John Minnis entitled 'Britain's Lost Railways'. It would be natural to assume that this was a book about the different lines that have been lost throughout the UK. This is, however, a book about the lost infrastructure that surrounds the railway, particularly about railway architecture. I have written a short review of the book: http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/02/16/book-review-john-minnis-britains-lost-railways-a-commemoration-of-our-finest-railway-architecture
    • Loco building - old skool This is lost in this box-opening world but some modellers still build stuff. This is how it looked when it arrived and this is where it is going except it will be BR 30548 Or rather where it should go except it needs a fair amount of re-working. A new chassis and tender (the latter is a Bachmann N Class), the etched chassis is from SEF and a High Level motordrive It will need to be stripped and dipped and upgraded It should be ready in a few months....   Tim            
    • This link may explain a bit more.... The Petite Properties kit is fairly basic but it is robust, all the pieces fit and every example is utterly unique. Some folk do some amazing things with a covering of air drying clay which they scribe to look like rough stone. My favourite method is a render coat of cheapo ready-mixed decorator's filler,  spread it on like butter, let it dry for 24hrs and sand it until smooth,  then apply a thin wash of water colour.  The picture below is not my work, it is a bit too rough but you get the idea of what you can achieve...  
  • Recent Status Updates

• Images

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.