piermaster

All Cars Stop Here

7 posts in this topic

My OO scale tramway micro-layout 'Terminus - All Change!!' will be withdrawn from the exhibition circuit by this time next year having done around 25 shows since completion in 2015. 

Lessons learnt include having a reliable car fleet (got that), Overcomplicating street surface (new layout will use Auhagen concrete slab infills), Slavishly avoid Metcalfe buildings  (great when new, but they do show their age quickly).

Work will start on the replacement layout next year, named 'All Cars Stop Here' is another OO scale microlayout but influenced on Hong Kong using my fleet and loosely based upon one of that systems staggered platform stops as a temporary terminus with track works beyond. It will be completed following my visit to HK in January 2019.
Track Plan.jpg

Jack, Chris and samw like this

25 shows already? You've been busy!

All the best with the new build Dave.

'All Cars Stop Here' (OO Scale Hong Kong Tram scene)

First mock-up of my next tram micro layout influenced by Hong Kong Trams. Layout will be 3ft x 8ins with over 2ft 6ins viewing length from left to just past the rear tram shelter.

Low relief backscene is a Bachmann multi-storey car park (needs repainting as HK car parks are not scruffy) and a Bachmann modern office block. Tram shelters are from 80M models in Hong Kong.

Layout Mock Up 041217.jpg

Chris and Jack like this

Been a long time since i was in Hong Kong, but certainly needs that vertical height and light everywhere!

Phil

Hi Dave

You might have to get some Japanese outline HO figures 1/80 by Tomix or Kato I have not seen any Chinese style figures in the model railway marketplace.

For school children and business, types  the Japnese figures would probably do the job but don't have any ideas for the more traditional Chinese type dress

Warning Japanese HO scale is expensive as it is considered to be very big in size in Japan and is not a common scale unlike "N"

I shudder to think what they would consider "O" or larger to be

regards John

John (Buz): I need not worry about figures, you can get a bag of 100 HO figures made in China on eBay for a pittance!

Philip & Chris: The size and weight of the car park means it will have to be mounted separately from the main board and only connected at exhibitions thus making the track plan more prototypical as a crossover and the track in front of the car park will stable Works Car 400.

Track Plan0002.jpg