AJV1

Best Sites/Apps for Train Times & Movements

4 posts in this topic

Hello! 

So thanks to Geoff Marshall's videos on Youtube, I've recently stumbled upon OpenTrainTimes, and been able to finally work out accurately what sort of trains pass through my local station of Swanley - obviously passenger trains are shown on any website, but I can now work out ECS, freight and any railtours. 

The interface is a little clunky for me though, so I was wondering if there are any other websites/apps like this to help track train movements and times? Particularly for freight and railtours. :) 

Realtimetrains.co.uk is the big one that people use. It, like OTT, is direct data feed from Network Rail, but the interface is much better and suited for all devices, mobile and desktop. OTT and the likes of Traksy have live track diagrams which are also just as useful.

You'll find that once you've used RTT, it'll be a game changer.

AJV1 likes this

3 hours ago, Jack said:

Realtimetrains.co.uk is the big one that people use. It, like OTT, is direct data feed from Network Rail, but the interface is much better and suited for all devices, mobile and desktop. OTT and the likes of Traksy have live track diagrams which are also just as useful.

You'll find that once you've used RTT, it'll be a game changer.

Ooh, thank you! RTT seems a bit more user-friendly for sure and also seems to display details for more services? I'm seeing more freight services popping up on RTT than OTT. Does it have a mobile app? 

RTT does have an app but you have to pay for it and it's more restrictive. The mobile version on browsers is very good too.