Can we bring back TPOTM?

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

Could we bring back the TPOTM competition but do it just as a general photo theme? So rather than the obscure ones which people found difficult then just do an enter what you like as long as it is a railway photo?

Tom

I'm inclined to agree with you Tom, but we do need some parameters or we could get inundated with a lot of mediocre/crap photos as well as some brilliant ones.

Needs thinking about.

Can't see why not - would bring a bit more traffic on to the forum. However, as Dave says, we'd need to look at the 'regs' and see what we can sort to make sure quality is high.

Perhaps a theme but a broad one?

I know one of the themes was 'by a church' which really limits the entries. Nowhere near me has that shot possible so thats an entry out.

If we insisted on images being of a certain image quality and size (as before) then it would keep standards high?

If we did a theme of charters, freight and test trains and passenger (inc ECS/stock moves) how would that go down?

24100488179_8d3ece8463_h.jpg60103 Flying Scotsman - Sommerseat by Swifty's Rail Pics, on Flickr

29182640691_54c221cc94_h.jpg68018 68021 - 4S43 - Moore by Swifty's Rail Pics, on Flickr

Edited by 47832