Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris

Getting back 'on track!'

3 posts in this topic

Well, summer is here and the house move has gone well. I've got a couple of holidays planned (short break and week abroad) and a lot of PE planning to do, however, I'm feeling that maybe now I should be looking to end my layout building sabbatical.

I've kept my hand in with modelling by working on a Lima 47 - updates on my blog and workbench theme - but would like to build a small layout too. Now, I know they are often derided but I fancy a preserved railway. I've been feeling a bit inspired by an article on the Derwent Light Valley Railway and having a journey on the Telford Steam Railway. Neither are big railways, but have plenty going for them. I'm sure I could build something small; small locos and coaches that would capture the essence of one of these.

Jack likes this

Glad the house move went well Chris!

I'm assuming you've got a bit more space to build now? The preserved railway sounds like a good idea!

Thanks Jack. It did, glad to not be living out of different boxes in two different houses though!

I think so, but planning space needs to be agreed with the domestic authority! Anything I do build will still be a micro. However, that's not a problem.

Jack, class66 and mattc6911 like this