Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris

Taking a Sabbatical

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

For a while I've been fighting this urge to give up with modelling. I just don't seem to ever get anything I'm happy with, and when I think I do, I change my mind quicker than I change my underwear (and that IS daily, before any questions it!)!

Therefore I've made a decision, I'm going to take a sabbatical... if indeed you can take a sabbatical from something you've not done for a long time! I'm going to sell off a fair bit of stock, keeping just a few bits and bobs (Shanks 66, 'Everton,' 'Amy' and a couple of mineral wagons.) Everything else can go: Fragonset 47 (Dionysos), Freightliner 47 (Cory Brothers), Mainline 37, Hornby Sentinel and whatever other bits I have. With the summer move coming up it seems a good time to have a clear out, make a bit of money for the coffers and just have a think about what I want to do. On Sunday evening I'll try and post a topic in the 'For Sale' section if anyone is interested in the locos, and then stick them on eBay at half term if not.

In the meantime, the only bits of modelling I'm going to do is the 0-4-0 shunter, turning that into 'John Foster,' as mentioned in my 'ramblings' thread, and some weathering on the mineral wagons. That's it.

I'm just fed up of coming up with an idea, getting excited about it, writing about it on here, getting encouragement from you gents, then doing nothing and changing my mind. It needs to stop.

However, I'll still be around on this thread, contributing, liking, and dispensing advice that I myself probably need to take!

Totally understandable Chris. Know how you feel so support your decisions. 

Keep us updated with what develops.

Understand Chris - situations change and modelling is sometimes something that "comes and goes".

Take care and i hope to see you around still.

Phil