buz

buz rail workshops

30 posts in this topic

Stane st halt 2.jpg

Hi all

Sorry about not so good picture it was taken on girl friends mobile phone.

Finally got around to doing the name board last night, which looks OK to me.

Have to think about it but I am thinking it should have an oil light on the platform thoughts please.

Other than that its a case of put the big tree in its base and job done, OH!! and maybe build a narrow gauge railway to go with it:D .

regards John

Hi all

The latest project is another narrow gauge one a flying bench passenger coach.

This a 3D print from Shapeways. It had little in the way of description from the designer so I assume the holes are for the tent frames that where originally fitted to these coaches.

The holes seem to be in the right place for that if you want see the real thing you will find it on the Ffestiniog railway

IMG_8405 (2) flying bench.jpg

Seen here in glorious pink undercoat.

It was cleaned in white spirit to remove the print residue has been primed with an automotive plastic primer and then painted pink

Why pink simple the coach is going to be red and the undercoat can change the color of the top coat well it did change the top coat

made it look more fairground red than railway like red that will be the next pic after the coach was inked to show the end panel detail.

But still more fairground red than railway.

regards John

piermaster likes this

Hi all

IMG_8410 (2) flying bench2.jpg

Here you can see what I mean by a fair ground red the other one looks the same but the green turned out to be that dark that the detail doesn't show in the picture

Most of the detail on these is on the ends.

regards John

Edited by buz

Hi all

A picture of the end hopefully you can pick the detail on the end.

IMG_8430 (2) flying bench end.jpg

I think but it is yet to be proved that the slot is a NEM coupling pocket.

I don't know if I should paint that bit black or just leave it red.

regards John

Hi all

Well nothing more can be done with the flying benches I have established Graham Farrish wagon wheels fit them and they are indeed NEM Pocket's

So I wait for some as I only have farrish coach wheels Drat:(

So I started assembling and painting a Japanese shop for the micro alluded to in my new project threadjapan shop.jpg

Sorry about the clamps and lackey band but that particular corner is being a pain it doesn't want to stick.

The magnetic corner clamps seem to work very well, shame they are not a little bit smaller.

regards John