Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toto

Hornby Class 66's

7 posts in this topic

I note that a well known retailer from Liverpool is selling Class 66's in Freightliner livery for £64.00. These look like they are new as they have about 7 in stock. Has anyone bought one? Are they Railroad models? I take it they must be at that price.

They don't actually say but the model number is prefixed with a capital 'R'.

cheers

toto

Edited by Toto

They're not officially part of the RailRoad range, but they are to the same standard. It's old Lima tooling with a 5-pole motor on one of the bogies as opposed to Bachmann's centrally-mounted one with all-wheel drive. No lights, sprung buffers etc although they do have NEM pocket couplings.

Hi Jack,

thanks for the info. I wondered what the deal was. If they had been the real deal ........ I'd have had some of them. Still not a bad buy though.

cheers

toto

I know for some it's a great chance to have a go at detailing. I'll stick to my Bachmann ones for now ;) I think Dapol are in the process of doing a super detail 59 for 00!

Now that will be interesting. I like Dapol. I have some of their 22's and they are nice loco's. I haven't had the chance to run any of my loco's that much as yet but they sure feel like a solid built loco. I'll look out for them coming through.

toto

Hi Ron,

I have one which is en route from our Liverpool chums :D I also have a 57 in DRS which is an absolute cracker. I'm awaiting the Class 37 in Colas. I may go for another 57 in DRS though as they are particularly good.

Hopefully Santa may be good to me plus its the big 50 in February ( if there are any left ). I'm also thinking Class 60 in EWS. they have been getting flaunted in this here parish.:D

Cheers

Toto