mattc6911

Photo's and bandwidth

11 posts in this topic

Can I ask what the forum policy is on uploading photo's ?  I know us newbies quite like photos (especially Tom , he's trigger happy.  :rolleyes:) so I thought I'd enquire first rather than getting wrists slapped ! 

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

There aren't any rules as such that I can remember. Go ahead, knock yourself out and let us know if you have any problems.

Regards,

Jack

Whey Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:D

toto

Thanks Matt  ......... trigger happy indeed........just informative that's all.

Ohhhhhhh boy.   Jack you just didn't auta said that.  Now therres no stopping him  lol

you are painting a really inaccurate picture of me .......... where's the shed key:) (: I may do some more later if there is anything that I think may be of interest. maybe even add the plans for Breadalbane although I cant give to much up as to a start date as yet. still in the planning stages as yet and so much else going on is unlikely to become a reality for some time yet.

that's for another day.

cheers

toto

More pictures the merrier gents!

Never fear .......... I'm just finding my feet yet but pictures you shall get. I have my third layout ( another plank ) in the planning. It was actually born before Highbridge but its amazing how events turn out. I could start another thread to kick it off as I have started buying stock for it and also have a linear actuator built ( Open builds ) for the building of the traverser but it has been side lined temporarily as there are a few things going on at the moment so its a time thing.

The  traverser shall be shared between Breadalbane ( the third layout planky thingy ) and Highbridge my current planky thingy. I'll maybe start up the post later as I do have the track plan which will give a flavour for it.

anyway .......... pictures. lets see what I can do.

cheers

toto

G`day Moderators,

On the subject of pictures... do you have a preferred image maximum size to save on space. ???

:cheers:  Gormo

Think I read in Information that it was 1200 x 1200 Gormo , that's what I've tried to keep under. I only had one that failed as i forgot to re size it, now ive just set that as maximum in my re size tool so as long as I REMEMBER to re size, its ok :decayed:

cheers

Matt

There's no rule as such, but there's no need for an image to massive as it'll only end up being viewed on a screen no larger than 2000px wide (for those who link their TVs up to their computers like my good self). A picture straight off the average camera will be fine. After all, the forum will always resize it to fit your screen.

HTH