Chris

Impulse...

6 posts in this topic

Since seeing these announced by Hornby the livery has really spoken to me. Having sold a few bits of stock recently I've just pre-ordered one.

I have nothing to run it on.

However, I recall Bob advocating them to me as a perfect shunting layout shunter a while back, so am looking at a shunting layout. I've got a little box file idea filling in my mind. Either the Metcalfe Mill or Scalescenes warehouse as a low relief back scene, bridge to hide exit (with a brass band bandroom on top - connected to the mill building). The layout would follow the 'Shortover yard' with a plug in fiddle stick.

Although the Wabtec livery is hardly 'mill' suitable, I just love it, and it's my railway, so I'll use what I want! :-)

piermaster and Bob Hughes like this

I've spent a few days thinking and decided that maybe the mill idea isn't so great. Any ideas for a setting?

So the Sentinel arrived today. I've told myself I'm not allowed to look at it properly until tomorrow (things to do tonight... so why I'm on here I don't know!) but initial impressions (through the box) are very good. Looks an excellent little beast!