Jaz

A new Home for Arboretum Valley

224 posts in this topic

I love light, it can enhance a picture, highlighting or hiding all sorts , where ever there is clear plastic there is the possibility of taking advantage
BUT beware of too much of a good thing, here the light shows through the windows BUT also through the resin walls and resin... disaster darling LOL

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

Highlander66 and class66 like this

I went and charged the drill, found the correct sized drill bit, had my lamps ll ready to go in, and found... the drill bit i not long enough for the job... need a trip to screw fix... grrr.

sarah likes this

HAA 
WIP (work in progress)
1889 yellow citadel
1890 white humbrol
1891 red citadel
1892 black / brown citadel and modelmates
can't make my mind up whether to go for the bright museum look or the faded ...
apparently introduced a bout 50 year ago,so i could have them on the 1960s area with the bright look smile emoticon

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1892 (1).jpg

Goathland station part of Arboretum Valley
1912 adding a Woodbine advert glue still wet
1926 lamps and woodbine advert...vandals ...tut tut (look closely)

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

sarah and Highlander66 like this

HAAs wagons WIPs work in progress :)
2083 slightly faded, slightly rusty
2084 interiors dirtied and dulled
2085 labels added (slightly oversize, but even correctly sized does not look better and does not look as good, well IMHO
2087 a little more dirt and rust and fading the white and yellow

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

class66 likes this

Looks good, Jaz. Good selection of paints as well. Is that a citadel bottle behind the square Revell one?  They go on very well. Copydex? Is that a substitute for maskol?

Jaz and class66 like this

Looks good, Jaz. Good selection of paints as well. Is that a citadel bottle behind the square Revell one?  They go on very well. Copydex? Is that a substitute for maskol?

copydex is a glue, BUT it can be rubbed off if you are unhappy with the results. A small pot for a fiver at B+Q. It could be used as a Maslo; at a push but much harder to control where you put it. A bit too runny and not as stiff as Maskol. Plus as it dries clear it could be an issue.

I use a lot of citadel, I paint warhammer and LOTR as well and love their washes and shades and technicals. 

I rarely use mask, i am happy to paint and repaint rather than faff a bout UNLESS i have a colour i do not want to mess up.

class66 likes this

Hi Jaz

Certainly a very impressive layout and you aren't bothered about ripping out bits your not happy with.

But really what's going on not a postal owl in sight:P how is Hoggsmead to get its mail delivered without one or two:D  

You really should put one in if it's not a far to fiddly thing to do just to see if any one spots it.

That would also be a good spot for the Knight bus if you have one.

Re comments on Hogwarts express the loco is only wrong because its not a Hall class like used in the movie, Hornby now do the loco used in the movie.

looks odd with Great Western on the tender when its red EEK!!

But I do wonder what it would look like with the Hogwarts express tender and head board.

regards John

Jaz and sarah like this

Hi Jaz

Certainly a very impressive layout and you aren't bothered about ripping out bits your not happy with.

But really what's going on not a postal owl in sight:P how is Hoggsmead to get its mail delivered without one or two:D  

You really should put one in if it's not a far to fiddly thing to do just to see if any one spots it.

That would also be a good spot for the Knight bus if you have one.

Re comments on Hogwarts express the loco is only wrong because its not a Hall class like used in the movie, Hornby now do the loco used in the movie.

looks odd with Great Western on the tender when its red EEK!!

But I do wonder what it would look like with the Hogwarts express tender and head board.

regards John

We have the bus :) 020

the car 0251 

the actors 8946

the romping willow 5746

but your right i need owls...lots of them :)

2012-06-10 020.jpg

IMG_0251 (1).jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_8946.jpg

buz likes this

Hi Jaz

The womping willow obviously hasn't got the car yet:D.

Have you though about the big fellow yet or is it a case of he might look odd given Hagrid's size.

regards John

Jaz likes this

Hi Jaz

The womping willow obviously hasn't got the car yet:D.

Have you though about the big fellow yet or is it a case of he might look odd given Hagrid's size.

regards John

I made a rough on quickly recently, i have bought some sculpey  to make a better one :) and the owls :)

IMG_0567.jpg

1672 a dementor on the roof ops, also to be improved :)

IMG_1672.jpg

Edited by Jaz
misspelling

Goathland station part of Arboretum Valley
1912 adding a Woodbine advert glue still wet
1926 lamps and woodbine advert...vandals ...tut tut (look closely)

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

I see it... a seat on the track! :o

Jaz and Highlander66 like this

2149 Pendolino rake and 2 Thunderbirds
2157 Pendolino
2158 Lady Penelope Thunderbirds
2159 Scott Tracy thunderbirds

IMG_2149 (1).jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158 (1).jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

class66 likes this

tin-tin-llandudno.thumb.jpg.070e4bba15a8

Hi jaz,

Following on from your excellent Thunderbirds pics, here's a Holyhead bound train at Llandudno junction in Oct 2012. The pendolino ran to Crewe then was dragged to Holyhead by a 57. They did this regularly for a while.  I got off the train here with a mate, we did this trip because of the unusual working. We then went to Llandudno and travelled on the great Orme tramway.

The 57 was Tin Tin, 57308. Only time I've travelled behind a 57.

Like your  00 Thunderbirds figure, did you make that yourself?

Jaz likes this

Hi Jazz just read the thread right through ( trying to catch up on the great layouts on here ) some great attention to detail !  Ill be coming back regularly for inspiration :) (:

cheers

Matt

Edited by mattc6911
Jaz likes this

tin-tin-llandudno.thumb.jpg.070e4bba15a8

Hi jaz,

Following on from your excellent Thunderbirds pics, here's a Holyhead bound train at Llandudno junction in Oct 2012. The pendolino ran to Crewe then was dragged to Holyhead by a 57. They did this regularly for a while.  I got off the train here with a mate, we did this trip because of the unusual working. We then went to Llandudno and travelled on the great Orme tramway. 

The 57 was Tin Tin, 57308. Only time I've travelled behind a 57.

Like your  00 Thunderbirds figure, did you make that yourself?

gorgeous picture, can i add it to my own collection for reference, and point out it is your picture :)

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2173 (1).jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

FYI Don't feel pressurised over your picture, feel free to say you prefer not.

Hi Jaz,

Yes of course you can, glad pic can be of use to you. Wasn't sure where best to post it. I was very impressed by your "thunderbird" locos and train, it reminded me of the trip I made on the 57 dragged  pendo.  I could imagine myself standing on your platform, as it were, very realistic shot.   Hope it was ok posting pic on your thread!

Your Scott Tracy conversion is very clever, I originally though it was a commercial figure.  Haven't come across citadel technical green stuff before, is it a filler? I've just used the Humbrol grey stuff up till now.

We've all got the green cutting mats of course, part of the railway modeller uniform :-)

cheers

Bill

Jaz likes this