piermaster

Terminus, All Change!

188 posts in this topic

Another Tram for 'Terminus - All Change!!!'

Bachmann Hong Kong Tram 45 was a nicotine-infested car without a trolley pole and a pet hair covered motor! It was intended for parts and its roof-mounted resistor went on the roof of my HK Works Car 400.

After 6 months in the garage the body doesn't smell anymore, a Hadfields shortened Blackpool trolley pole added and another Bachmann HK chassis replaces the pet hair covered original and here is the revitalised Hong Kong Car 45 on test and becomes the 6th HK based car on my layout.

HK45 2.jpg

Now to add crew and passengers.

After a week of New Year festivities and an annual conference I spent the afternoon quietly and slowly populating my Hong Kong Tram 45. She's all ready to join the 'Terminus - All Change!!! fleet and will make her public debut on Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th February at the Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition at Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0BD.

HK 45 050118.jpg

Chris likes this

These trams do look rather inviting, Dave. I can see how they'd become addictive - although you're not in Jack's league with him and his 153's yet!

Excellent work.

Thanks Chris,

I don't intend to be in Jack's league, I'm just happy in my own comfort zone! February 2019 will see the completion of my Hong Kong influenced tram layout 'All Cars Stop Here'. Meanwhile I carry on exhibiting 'Terminus - All Change!!!'.

Chris likes this

14 hours ago, piermaster said:

I don't intend to be in Jack's league, 

I think we can all agree with that one ;-)

Got a busy time ahead until the Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition on 3rd and 4th February at the Staffordshire Showground, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0BD. So I tested all my 'Terminus - All Change!!! Fleet today and my top performers are six trams and a bus!

HK 45 120118.jpgHong Kong 56 270217.jpgBirkenhead 69 010417.jpgBirkenhead 70 090417.jpgHong Kong 106 280517.jpgHK 400 090917.jpgKGK 505.jpg

One hour in a freezing cold garage adding gutters and downpipes to 'Terminus - All Change!!!' One week before its first show of the year at Stafford Showground. I must be nuts!!!

Terminus - All Change 260118.jpg

On 1/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, piermaster said:

Got a busy time ahead until the Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition on 3rd and 4th February at the Staffordshire Showground, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0BD. So I tested all my 'Terminus - All Change!!! Fleet today and my top performers are six trams and a bus!

HK 45 120118.jpgHong Kong 56 270217.jpgBirkenhead 69 010417.jpgBirkenhead 70 090417.jpgHong Kong 106 280517.jpgHK 400 090917.jpgKGK 505.jpg

Another unashamed plug to join me, 9 other micro layouts, 34 other layouts and 46 traders at the Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition, Stafford Showground, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0BD on Saturday 3rd Feb 10-5 and Sunday 4th Feb 10-4.30. Admission is £9 for adults, £1 for children. See you there!!!

StaffsRail likes this

Thanks Chris,

It was a tiring weekend but thoroughly enjoyable! All six trams and the bus worked the entire weekend faultlessly. I bought a decent trolleybus and sold my disgusting liveried Teesside Municipal Transport Trolleybus off the layout!!

I just can't scrap this layout so it looks like my proposed Hong Kong layout will be my third one!

27459509_10208994609661206_4233269902682368010_n.jpg 

Day One.

27332374_10154981539551933_3685369743288542103_n.jpg

Day 2

New All British End 040218.jpg

Day 3

Terminus - All Change!!! has a break until 14 April at Luton exhibition.

Now to check over New Walmington Pier for the March exhibition in March.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, piermaster said:

I just can't scrap this layout so it looks like my proposed Hong Kong layout will be my third one!

Hi Dave

Variety is the spice of life.

Since you seem to be into the tiny layouts at least finding the storage space should not be a problem:D

Looks like your going to need an other storage shelf on the wall.

regards John

A British tram arrives at my 'Terminus - All Change!!!' 
Newest arrival is a 00/H0 scale Thompson-Houston 1890s Leeds Car obtained off eBay for £23! It looks like a Halling model, but the box is unmarked as it was for a UK commission and most of the stock ended up at Hattons. Mine didn't come from there.

Leeds 80 2.jpg