CazRail

CazRail: Fleet

237 posts in this topic

Update...

Following my missus aquiring a display cabinet type thing, I've decided to put up to 6 locos in there, as she said ''put some of your trains in it if you want'. I think she's after something. However, I've decided to take locos from my 'stored serviceable' fleet to put in it, so these locos will be put into 'WNXX' Locomotives for storage status.

The locos are:

• 60163 Tornado

Despite being allocated WNXX, these locos will retain Kadee couplers and DCC decoders. Locomotives are likely to be swapped around.

Jack likes this

10 hours ago, CazRail said:

Following my missus aquiring a display cabinet type thing, I've decided to put up to 6 locos in there, as she said ''put some of your trains in it if you want'. I think she's after something.

Careful... last time my SWMBO said something along those lines she ended up with an engagement ring!

Jack likes this

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Careful... last time my SWMBO said something along those lines she ended up with an engagement ring!

That's why I was careful ;) (;

On 4/19/2017 at 7:44 AM, Chris said:

On 4/19/2017 at 0:08 PM, Jack said:

That's why I was careful ;) (;

Cheers lads :P:P:P:P:P

Anyway, there was a change of plan with a few of the locos, the ones actually going in were Tornado, 37411, 31296, 47839, 60066 and 66720, only three of the original allocation having made it to the display case.

Hi guys,

The above mentioned display case is now empty! Ono! But not to worry, some of my older collection will take their place in due course.

Anyway, you may have come across my Llyn Cefni: A section of the Amlwch Branch thread, and if you've read it, you may have seen I want to run it multi-era. So 1950s onwards, meaning Ivatt 2mtt, derby lightweights, 37s, 47s, 150s etcetc. So heres a little wish list for this year.

• Hornby 60087 Colas
  • Hornby 67015 DBC
  • Bachmann Derby Lightweight DMU
  • Bachmann Ivatt 2MT tank engine
  • Suitable coaches for Amlwch branch circa 50s 60s
  • Stock for the tank train, even if I have to turn to the likes of Roco or Fleischmann.

37057 added to fleet, currently at Toton being overhauled. 

Withdrawn from traffic on 3/12/04 from the WBKN pool at Toton, 37057 is being re-instated to traffic to work alongside 37174, 37668, 37698 and 37703. Currently a 37/4 is covering.

With Christmas coming, the 66s have begun their comeback. GBRf have sent 66720 and 66731 to Marshfield Junction Stabling Point to take over the Royal Mail service from the EWS 37s, which were prone to failing. Although 66720 has already been stopped with structural issues surrounding bogie (a broken clip I need to repair), due to this DBC have sent 67005, a rare performer to the layout, to cover whilst repairs are taking place. This is 67005's first outing on the layout for 18 months. All this means that 37174/402/417 have all been sent to Margam for storage, bringing to end the current stint of the locos on the layout.

Hopefully next year I'll have a rake of PAB wagons made, either by pressing on with my kits or getting my CAD 3D models (which I'm part way through creating) 3D printed. The original rake was 17 long, which I would love to have as it's a local train of mine and has local features on them such as the Anglesey Aluminum logos. More will appear here of them soon I hope. Depending on era/FOC im using at the time, I'll use EWS 37s, 60s and 66s, Colas 56s 60s 66s 70s, Freightliner 66s (really after 2001 when the flow ceased to operate I can use whatever I like).

If I successfully make these PABs, maybe I'll try for more of a challenge, maybe the IWA cargowaggon ferry vans? I havent come across a OO version and I'd like a rake of 6 or 7, again due to local use of them to RTZ. 

(Maybe building up to a dream layout with a bit of a representation of Anglesey Aluminium on it? Who knows, I keep getting inspired by the likes of Mostyn and Penmaenmawr aswell!) 

An unusual new fleet member in the CazRail this festive season...

20171228_162311.jpg

Aquired at the Llandudno Toy & Train Fair, its the first steam addition since Tornado in 2014. 

41233 is a Ivatt 2mt steam loco, which ive bought to run on Llyn Cefni layout.

Chris likes this

Today I fitted 41233 with a DCC decoder, made all the more challenging as it's Bachmann's split-chasis...

...but it all works first time, and I'm quite chuffed (pardon the pun) I've done my first retro-fit DCC fitout, and it was the dreaded split chassis!

I simply removed the small springs connecting the motor terminals with each half of the chassis, connect the orange and grey wire to it and insulating it with heat-shrink tube. Then wired the black and red to a copper tang attached to the chassis where the front pony truck pickups are connected to.

The hardest part was the process of figuring out the dismantling and re-assembly!

37057 has been added to CazRail's operational fleet after spending 5 months in the workshops.

Stored on 3/12/04 from the WKBN pool, 057 last worked 6D18 Holyhead - Warrington Arpley before being stood down. It has now returned to traffic alongside 37174, 37411 and 37419.