Geo Ghost

April 2012 TPOTM Entries - 'Departure'

14 posts in this topic

Hey all.

Well here we are. The first of the newly reformed competition under its new name, Transport Photo of the Month.

if you have no read the new rules and changes, please, PLEASE go and do so here.

There are significant changes to the competition now making it hopefully more enticing, interesting, open, and challenging.

Entries open till midnight on the 30th of April.

Theme for April 2012:

Departure.

The theme for this month is Departure. What does the word mean to you? What do you think of when you hear it? Do you have any photos that symbolise what that means? If not, then be sure to get your camera and get snapping this month!

Interpret the theme how you wish to ;)

Departed ! ;)

departed.jpg

(Remnants of the track bed into the GN goods station next to Manchester Central.)

6910278822_c63baa3144_b.jpg

Departing...Crewe for pastures new, 66089 on a chilly February morning

Jack likes this

Changed my entry to a better photo:

553222_207953479315797_100003034384627_31088548_1880786261_n.jpg

A Class 315 EMU departs Stratford on its journey to an unknown destination, although presumed Shenfield.

Edited by TheCatapultTV

Changed my entry to a better photo:

http://a8.sphotos.ak...880786261_n.jpg

A Class 315 EMU departs Stratford on its journey to an unknown destination, although presumed Shenfield.

Not bad with the depth of field on that. However, I've going to give you a tip here ;)

If you have a particular subject or object in focus and the rest out focus, make sure the said subject takes up more of the frame. The problem is there that the background is very large and I'm trying to scout the photo to find the focal point/foreground where as it should jump out at me. Just a little tip. May come in handy ;)

Craig, your entry is fine, don't worry. The theme is "Departures" so I'll pass that.

:s

This is me knowing nothing about how photography works.

I just like trains! *breaks down into a crying fit*

Just joking, no crying at all.

OK, still playing around with my entrie on that one, may take a better one later this month.

Craig, your entry is fine, don't worry. The theme is "Departures" so I'll pass that.

Cheers. Was thinking whether it was allowable!

Edited by Craigie444

:s

This is me knowing nothing about how photography works.

I just like trains! *breaks down into a crying fit*

Hey lad, no one knows everything about it :P Just thought I'd share some tips with you since you had an interesting concept there ;)

TheCatapultTV likes this

DSCN2245.jpg

Transpennie 185134 departs Lockerbie

Edited by Scotrail170475

Hey all.

Just a reminder, entries close next week. Please get entries in soon if you haven't. I may have to close the entries earlier in the day due to work.